Thursday, March 31, 2011

Been up since 330 AGAIN and I really hate it..but going to.write kind of day!

We were rudely awakened this morning at 330 am by Gracie, my wonderful Alpine Mastiff jumping on our bed - meaning across us.  Remember she is now full grown and weighs around 140 pounds and she - jumped - on - the - bed.  It was a very rude awakening.  And she didn't want to get off.  We were slated to get up at 4am in order to get to the airport in time for his morning flight to Oklahoma City, anyway, but I was not happy at all!

But, even if we were getting up in less than an hour, it was still rude.  I also really needed the sleep.  So now I have been up for almost 5 hours and I can't nap, because I won't be able to sleep later.  It's one of those things with off shifters that are constantly worrying about when we are going to sleep, how much we are going to get, and how to get more.  I guess you could say I'm obsessed with sleep.  You would be too, if you never get enough sleep.

So, I am snuggled with my puppies, drinking my tea, watching 'Independence Day' and computer on my lap - beginning to tackle my novel.  I am ready to be in this position until I need to run to do my 'psych' visit - I am getting my hair cut and nails done!  Better than seeing any shrink.  Holly (not my famous sister in law Holly, although she's great too) who does my nails and Jessica who does my hair - I couldn't get any better treatment - that salon and spa is the ONLY place I go.  "Act II Salon and Spa" in Utica is friendly and do wonderful work.  It is a great way to re-new one's self and self esteem.  I always leave with a smile on my face - besides looking better.  So I will have a great day, even if I am tired...

The notes I have on the novel are on the table to my left, Boomer to my right, Gracie on my feet.  There is a great need in me to get this novel done - I just feel the need to finish - I like this story and want it out for the world to see... and read, hopefully!  But it is more of a validation for me than anything.  I like to write but feel my 15 minutes is NOT up yet.  One of these books will be the one - I know it.

I may not blog until Sunday night - I will be working tomorrow, then doing the whole scrap booking thing all weekend.  I will tell all about it on Sunday night when I get home!  I intend to have a really great time with my sister Pat, our sister in law Carol and niece Cherie.  We will scrap  til we drop - or something like that...and make all kinds of wonderful pages (at least 6) - and these cards for my mom and Aunt Ruthelma for Mother's Day.  That's my goal for the weekend.  I'll write on Sunday night, after I get home...

D M Wiseman, spending the day writing and then doing my whole spa thing...published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment