Saturday, March 12, 2011

Last day to puppy sit...a secret and a bit sad really...and pathetic...kind of day

I woke up this morning to my Grand puppy Leo barking to Gracie (and me!) to go outside.  They were waiting for me even though at 5am my husband, my friend, my soul mate had already gotten up, let them out, and calmed them all down again.  So, I got up, let them out (meaning Leo and Gracie) and snuggled with the very sleepy Boomer, happily let him sleep on my lap as I began to watch 'Julie and Julia' - and I will tell the BIG secret.  I began my blog because of this movie (and my publisher suggested it) but really because of Julie Powell.

The character Julie Powell was feeling lost, because she didn't feel like she was 'worth' anything and she was turning 30.  She decided to start a blog about cooking all of Julia Child's recipes from her French Cook Book.  This was like 500 plus recipes (524 to be exact!) she was going to make them all in one year - in 365 days.  I really liked she just wrote what she was thinking, doing, and whatever, during the day that made her day - as well as the recipes that she made.  The movie bounced back and forth between Julie writing and cooking about Julia, and Julia Child's actual life - it was really a great movie.  It's now one of my favorites.

I write my blog like that, I think.  Anyway, Julie wrote her blog about cooking, and how it changed her life.  Then someone picked up the blog's  rights and wrote a book that they made into the movie.  It really could be like that.  I write, and yet, I really don't actually know if anyone reads my blog.  Julie felt like that too.  But, readers began to send her things in the mail to help her cook, as well as companies put ad's on her blog, and paid her.  I'm not saying that I want people to pay me for my blog - but I just want people to read my blog. 

Funny, I know that one person does - they clicked on the 'friend' button and just like Julie in the movie - I was thrilled.  It was my famous sister in law Holly - but I really felt validated.  And then, funny enough, my son S told me that he reads my blog, to catch up on what I'm doing.  Really?  How cool!  I didn't think he would care.  Then I found out my sister Pat reads it, and now my sister Barb as well.  How cool!  But, I just what one person that I personally do not know - to read my blog.  Just one.  Someone out in cyberspace to read me...so someone please, click my button! Ha.

I re-wrote that chapter last night that I wrote in an Antivert haze and believe it or not, I took the characters in a different direction - and it was because of cyberspace - really!  I got one of those emails, you know take a cruise, low rates, book now, and the discounts will be even greater.  So, I took the characters on that cruise.  Yep, used the google world to take my characters OUT of my safety zone.  I'm just a wild woman...but I do know somethings about cruises as we, my husband (etc) and I have been on five so far.  Five cruises, four to the Caribbean and one to Alaska.  We are wild travelers...the two of us (not really, but we do have fun!).  We took the boys with us on our second cruise.  They had such a good time and so did we...

But, I digress...I will continue with that trail that my characters are following, because it is going along really well.  It gets them to the spot they need to be.  But right now, I have to get up from my spot, put Boomer on the floor and let those other two dogs IN again.  It is almost time for my famous 'time outs' so that I can get one sentence written without getting up!

But, I really just want to validate myself through my writing.  I know I have made a difference with my nursing - probably, but so does millions of other nurses - and way better than me.  I can live with that.  What I want, what I have always wanted was to be an author - have a book published that I thought up.  Me.  So now that I am a published author - of five books already and the sixth, I am in the middle of.  But, only family have bought them.  I selfishly, just want to know someone out in cyberspace knows I exist.  How pathetic. Really, being a nurse is more important, makes more of an impact on people's lives...but I feel like there's got to be more.  Yeah, pathetic.

So I am going to continue to write, blog, and be a nurse.  I have no idea in what order I will do this in, but I assume each day will be a different order.  I will still snuggle with my monster Boomer, love my Gracie and occasionally puppy sit my Grand Puppy Leo...

D M Wiseman,  a pathetic, sad feeling sorry for myself, needing validation like Julie, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment