Sunday, March 6, 2011

Both boys coming home today with their girls, and Leo - best Sunday in a long time...

I am excited, and even though I went to bed late last night, I was up early with the puppies - we are excited to have both St and K coming for dinner along with S and V, bringing Leo as well.  It will be a really nice dinner - and I planned on doing steaks out on the grill (that means not me, someone else doing the actual grilling!) and oven fried red potatoes.  Salad and dessert as well - I have it all planned out, and I am ready.  I didn't plan on the 4 inches of snow that fell after the rain yesterday, but the grilling must go on.

We, my husband, my friend, my soul mate, had a really nice time at the retirement dinner last night.  We got home late, and I let my husband (etc) sleep in because he never gets to.  So, I sat with my tea, my puppies in the relative quiet - because it will be a wild week.  I am excited to have all my kids here for the day!  Yeah, and I feel way too excited about it.  It's not that I never see them.  I saw S last Sunday (he and I tag teamed my niece home from GR) and I saw St when we took him to the airport for his Florida trip.  So, it's not like I never see them.  But, it seems different today!  A holiday - that's what it feels like, a holiday!

I will write in between getting the dinner ready, as it's not that hard to make salad, cutting up the potatoes, getting the garlic bread ready as someone else does the cold weather grilling... in between the In and Out game that some how my two puppies are already playing... Since I've been up, Gracie has been out three times!  And so it starts...

D M Wiseman,  a very excited mother and grand mother of a puppy, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment