Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday is for interventions and no editing until later tonight...

I am trying to get some work done today, while still snuggling with my puppies, writing my blog - and still go to my famous sister in law Holly's house by lunch to check out the new scrapbook wonder - the Cricut Imagine machine.  Holly's work place, where she teaches the cricut classes, and how to do pages etc - the now famous http://www.thescrapbookemporium.com/ called her, told her a woman just bought the Imagine and didn't know how to work it, could someone learn and the teach her?  Holly now has that awesome machine and is having a blast.

All day yesterday, she would update me with little texts, and pictures of what she did.  They were awesome!  I couldn't believe it, and so easy to do... so today, I am going over to check it out, learn how to play too.  My husband, my friend, my soul mate told me that it's just another form of scrap booking crack!  He thinks it's all funny.  Holly posted, as a joke (as she loves her children above all) that she needed to sell her kids, so she could buy one of these machines.  I told them I would go over an do an intervention - take the machine from her, so she could come back to reality!  To stop the INSANITY !  Of, course after I learn how to use it from her first...

I finished about 3/4 of the editing of the final, final editing of "Merry's Plan" last night until I could barely keep my eyes open.  So, I will finish tonight - that is my goal.  I need to publish that book, as people want the last in the Pretty Marsh Ttrilogy - so I have to get it done.  I also need to finish the next one that I'm writing called "Then Again" although I am not all together certain that I like that title.  I also don't see the cover in my head yet... Maybe handcuffs, and a safe... not sure yet.  I haven't even given my thoughts to Rita, my awesome and terrific (did I say awesome?) cover artist so she can make the book's cover portray what my head thinks about the story.  Cuffs, definitely cuffs.  Hm mm, I'll think on it.

But I need to get it done, as that phone call that didn't come Monday, finally came last night at 530pm !  Seriously, that late!  I will be starting a new job on March 21st, so I only have a few weeks before most of my waking hours will be in orientation, or taking care of my sister Barb, or getting much needed sleep - I work midnights - and never get enough sleep.  If you ever have worked midnights, you know your every waking moment, is wondering or figuring out how much, or trying to get, enough sleep.  I love working nights, don't get me wrong, but sleep is nice too...

So, I am off to the intervention of the scrapbook-aholic famous sister in law Holly's house and to play with a new toy.  I don't even have the latest toy, I have two toys behind, but man - what a want!  I might be able to do my own covers - could that be a good enough reason to get one?  No, I remember a sign in a craft store once - "I know you could, but would you?"  in regards to making something.  No, I can't.  Rita is my only blessing...  Hey, isn't my anniversary coming up?  Mother's day?  My birthday?  Christmas?  Ok, back to my own reality...

D M Wiseman,   almost done editing what I promised yesterday, off to intervene, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment