Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why is it snowing again when it's supposed to be Spring? kind of day...

I went to my second day of orientation, and then got some really great news.  The spider or the fly question, it was really just a big fly, not a spider after all.  I feel blessed, happy, and want to just scream out loud!  I feel so relieved - and just a bit selfish.  It was all about me, for a little bit.  Ha, and my sisters will understand THAT joke.  We sister's have a good sense of humor, even in the face of such a thing like Barb's cancer.  Ya' just gotta laugh, or what?  Cry?  Makes your nose red and look all bad.  Not for us...

So we are all just relieved, because it's not all about me... I was driving home and my famous sister in law Holly called me frantic - to turn on the radio station in our area that is known as Young Country - really the ONLY station I listen to, unless my son is on the other station, and then I put that one on.  Holly's third child, Sarah's boyfriend Wyatt (are you following me?) was asking her to the Prom over the radio.  It was so romantic.  She said yes, of course!  So, there are other people in the world, not just me.  It was nice for that to happen.  And that it had alittle fun poked at Wyatt by my son St.

S and V are coming over this weekend to go to see "Beauty and the Beast" at our local High School - run by my wonderful best-est friend Kendra.  Both the boys were in the 'theatre' crowd at school, St being known as The Wiseman, and S being the second one - called Baby Wiseman.  It was funny, because S is about three inches taller than St's 6' 3"  - and its always a treat to see the productions that Romeo puts on.  They really are wonderfully done.  We go to almost every one of the shows, even though the boys don't live with us anymore.  It's fun!  Maybe St and K as well, still up in the air about that...hoping though (fingers crossed).

I got no writing done today, but plan on at least two chapters tomorrow, and the same for Thursday, as I have to do laundry as well as the vacuuming, I'll have to get used to working full time again.  Not wanting to do the whole working thing - I'd rather stay home and write, but looking forward to learning the ropes at the new job.  They are so friendly, seemed to be growning and going in the right direction with the most important thing for me - keeping the patient first!  Yeah, such a novel idea!  I like that, being that I am a nurse - a manager second.  So, I will keep up the writing, but not as much as prior, unless I do a lot on the weekend...I don't need to sleep, after all...

D M Wiseman, not having any spiders in my life! and learned a lot in orientation, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment