Friday, March 4, 2011

I published the fifth book! and its an icy Friday in rural Michigan...

I finished editing for the final time, "Merry's Plan" and put it up for publishing.  It is now also published on ebooks site http://www.smashwords.com/ and I am so excited!  This book is the final chapter in the Pretty Marsh Trilogy, based in - Pretty Marsh, Maine and links three women, their men and their lives.  I really like these books and now with this new novel I am writing - "Then Again"  I even linked one of the guys, Marcus from the second of the trilogy, making him a cousin to one of the main character.

My brain really likes the Maine area, and keeps pulling my characters back into that whole area.  I did a lot of research, and even visited the Bar Harbour area, camping out and walking the coast line.  It is a beautiful place, and I want to go back - soon.  There is a pull there for me.

The book is now published, and being put through the 'meatgrinder' to ready it for the 'Premium Catalog' and thus be put up on sites such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Diesel, etc and easier to get onto your ereader - any ereader.  Right now, the books are all available for downloading, then you just drag to your reader's site on your computer.  But, once it is in the 'Premium Catalog' - you can download straight from your reader's book list.  I personally have a Nook, and use the BandN site, but I can buy from Amazon for example, if I want. 

My sister Pat just bought a Nook, and she bought our sister Barb a Nook as well, so she can read books where ever she is, while going through the chemo treatments from hell.  I will be reading (or if I take my computer with me) or writing while she is in her radiation treatments.  We will read the ebook way.  The new and technological way to read books, papers, and magazines.

I now have 5 books published.  I have two in the premium catalog, and three more waiting to be put up for the supreme privilege of having my books out there everywhere for anyone to be able to enjoy (and purchase) my imagination's babies...my books.  It's really thrilling and beyond exciting to know that I - me, got published!  I really am thrilled, if you couldn't tell.

Today, the ice storm that happened to areas around us, and caused my husband, my friend, my soul mate to leave for work at 630 and then back at home at 800 not having gotten to pavement.  We live rural, on about 5 miles of dirt roads, until real pavement, and with hills - the ice is an interesting thing.  He couldn't get to 32 mile Road without sliding sideways, and by the elementary school - a bus and 15 separate vehicles were in ditches, off the road, and going no where. 

So my husband (after making sure no one was injured!) went another two miles around to bypass that area, and come back home.  He did one of those unforgivable things - pulling open the shower curtain when I was showering with no one home.  I think I lost a year of my life, he scared me to death.  It was not funny.  But, he was not happy to be not at work.  He had a meeting, an important meeting, so he handled it from home, and then by 1030, when it was now all slush and 35 degrees out, he left for the rest of the day's work. 

I am going to try to get to my famous sister in law Holly's house - I have a cartridge for the Cricut Imagine's machine that we were playing with yesterday, so I have to get it to her - she needs to use it for a class she's teaching on Sunday.  So, I will venture out in this weather, get this cartridge to her, and then do the grocery shopping.  Yeah, a fun Friday, but I will do the next few chapters on my next new novel...

D M Wiseman,  newly published fifth time! yeah, and venturing on to the icy rural Michigan roads, author...

No comments:

Post a Comment