Sunday, April 3, 2011

Holy Cow! What a weekend...getting caught up on my blog kind of night...

I got up on Friday, said good bye to my puppies, and went off to a crazy day at work.  I was attempting to learn to chart in a new computer system, without access to the system, with my only issue being I needed to eat.  By end of shift, I was hungry, needed to pee, and was on my way to the scrap thing - called a Weekend Crop - with my sister Pat, sister in law Carol, and our niece Cherie.  It was down in Woodhaven - I 75 and West Road - a million miles from home...but really only a bit over an hour...

I was not really thinking that I would have a nice time, because I really wasn't sure what I was going to do - if I was going to be bored? You know, have enough to do?  Not know what to do or want to leave early.  Well...I was really pleasantly surprised!  I had a blast!  It was fun, a great time to talk and get caught up on sister stuff, niece stuff, family issues (and there were many) and make knew friends. 

We ate, drank (only a little bit of liquor - wine coolers as a matter of fact - one each, each night...OK, I did finish my sister's but I couldn't let it go to waste), snacked, worked, shopped, and talked - a lot!  We were in raffles - I won twice!  I won a "Page Kit" which is really cool (and a lot of work!) as well as the coolest thing yet - I won a digital personalized photo album for what ever I want!  I can see a wedding album in the future!

I made a bunch of cards, as well as 9 "pages" and set up the 10th, which is a lot for me...I am slow, and don't really know what I am doing yet...I'm a 'newbie' is what they tell me.  I personally think the reason I didn't get a lot done (some women did a lot more than I did - like my sister Pat who did 40 pages!  40!  She is an over achiever and give the rest of us a bad rep!  Her pages were gorgeous!  I'll never be that good...) - anyway, the reason I didn't get a lot done is that we were an accordion divider away from the bar that apparently is the only entertainment in the Woodhaven area. 

The bar was packed, full of drunk participants in a very bad country karaoke competition that goes on every Friday and Saturday night.  Friday was bad enough, but Saturday was worse.  Now, I like Country Music, but I can only take so much off tune bad singing, and then I snap!  A new friend, a Music Teacher named Anne wanted to knife herself it was that bad.  I do give the people credit for getting up there, but don't they realize that no amount of alcohol will make them sing any better than before the alcohol.  In fact, maybe less alcohol would help their reading - learn the words, man!  Any way, I digress...

I had a good time this weekend, and will definitely go back.  In fact, we had such a good time - that Cherie and I were the last two to leave the crop at 3am late Saturday night, early Sunday morning - and were up to go again by breakfast Sunday.  But, we are both paying for it now...she is falling asleep next to me on the couch (long story short - it is April in Michigan - rain, thunderstorm, lightening, sleet, snow and she is staying over night because it is too bad of weather for her to drive back to CMU tonight), and I am yawning.  It's off to bed early for us both...  I have to work tomorrow, but only an eight hour shift.  Boo.  I will be home and really intend to write tomorrow night, to attempt to get caught up - but may not get totally up to the spot I wanted, but I will try...

D M Wiseman,  newly realized avid 'cropper' and as always, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment