Monday, March 7, 2011

Been up since 330 in the morning and so it begins... week...

Got up - yes got up - at 330 in the morning to drive S and V to Metro Airport - the Detroit Airport that's not in Detroit.  The Detroit Airport is called City Airport and not much flies out of there any more.  But, Metro is in Romulus, which is a good drive from our rural home in Michigan.  During any traffic time, it can take 2 hours but this morning - and I use that lightly, since it did not even get light out until I was back home! It only took just under an hour and a half.  I dropped them off, and so their wonderful vacation begins.  They are off to Jamaica and we are puppy sitting my Grand Puppy Leo.

The dogs are in Heaven!  Gracie and Leo are being maniacs, going wild, doing the In and Out game, as well as the It's Mine game.  They are having a blast.  Boomer is completely confused, staying up too late, getting up with me at 330 and now with the wildness going on - and is trying to sleep.  He currently is snoring away, the other two are outside playing.  By mid week, we will be more in a routine, but today is a wild day.  I am amazed that the dogs play so well, like they haven't see each other in years, but after only a month.  But, they have a good time together.  The night time will be the test.  Boomer and Gracie sleep in our room, on the floor - and when Leo is here, he sleeps in our room.  They all can't sleep in our room.  Or they can, and I will sleep in the other room.

I love the time with my puppies, with Leo.  Yesterday we had a great day.  St and V were here for dinner, and dessert.  I didn't grill the steaks, I made Beef Stroganoff instead, with salad and garlic bread.  St brought the bread from Papa's - a high end grocery that has the most wonderful bread - honey wheat.  I put a garlic butter with Parmesan mixed in it.  Yum.  Then K and I had Key Lime Pie, while St had Oreo and my husband, my friend, my soul mate had Turtle Pie.  I love when we can all have our favorites, thanks to the slices you can buy.  If I had the whole pie - I'd eat it all.  As it is, that last piece of Key Lime is calling me.

S and V got here with Leo later, and got to see St and K so for a little while, I had everyone home!  It was really nice.  That was a great way to start my week.  Today, is another story.  I am planning to go to my God Daughter Meghan's birthday dinner - she turns 21 today.  It is a wonderful day!  I was there at her birth - right there.  And now, as she turns 21, I will be there too.  I was at my famous sister in law Holly's other two daughters births as well (Jordan and Sarah), but not at John's who is also having a birthday this month.

I will be able to write more today, before the dinner, and after - if I am able to be fully awake enough to write with clarity.  I will rewrite tomorrow, when I take my sister Barb to her first rad treatment.  I am happy to say, she is going to go through with both chemo and radiation.  My sister Pat is going to have her hands full the first time when Barb does chemo.  I thank God for her - she will take a lot of stress off of me, and have give Barb another anchor as well.  Between Pat and I, we will prevail, along with the U of M staff - and get the cancer this time.  We have faith. 

In the mean time, I have to let the dogs out AGAIN, and have my second cup of tea, snuggle with Boomer who is still confused, and then give everyone a time out - so I can breathe.  Gotta love how long they can play without stopping.  I don't think I ever had that much energy - ever!

D M Wiseman,  tired, smiling, and playing the In and Out game all day long, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment