Thursday, March 10, 2011

Foggy outside, and inside its a puppy time! kind of day...

It is so foggy outside that I can't see what is called the 'Christmas House' around our area because in the past, that house was always the best dressed house - everything decorated so wonderfully - and they even decorate the fence line down their really long drive!  Any way, its just about 5 acres away, and I can't see it.  I can barely see to the street.  So, its one of those heated up day, that is making the world only be seen through a cloud.

Because of the fog, the satellite keeps going on and off, so I missed the best part of the movie 'Rudy' - the last play.  I saw it being 'pixilated' - you know when you see the weird squares?  Well, I heard it and I know the movie well.  It's the only football I will watch! Ha.  I am not a sports watcher on TV and will only go to a sporting event, if I know someone in the game.  I will tell you my most political thing - I think sports games are just that - GAMES.  I don't like that players, you know football, hockey, basketball, and baseball, along with those other ones - when the players get paid MILLIONS and then want more.  Here's my political thing:  When police, fire and nursing personnel along with other employees that you know, save lives - get paid what they should, maybe I'd pay attention to the sporting GAMES.

I really do believe that.  Even before my husband, my friend, my soul mate became a firefighter, even before I became a nurse.  I have felt that way for a long time.  So, no care here for the sports guys that are crying in their champagne, when they want more money.  I have a cool thing - I think that for example, a baseball player that gets paid million dollars a year to play a game, mind you - drops a ball - he should then have to pay a penalty amount back. 

Ok, I am off the soap box, but seriously, the important jobs, police, fire, medical (besides the doctors that get paid a lot) personnel - they need to be paid better.  Not just a sports guys...but we don't advertise beer or cars or big ticket items the hospitals, or have million dollar commercials that will pay all the bills like the super bowl thing.

So, I am writing away, trying to get back into my story, between letting the dogs In and Out as well as Out and In, and filling up water bowls - they play hard, and then drink out the entire bowl.  I swear its true, but then they just need to go Out again.  Sometimes I just let them stay out, because they just will want to go back out again...  Right now, I separated Gracie from Leo - and all three fell asleep almost instantly!  Leo behind the couch, Gracie at my feet, and Boomer next to her.  They are all out, and snoring in their own way - Boomer the loudest, of course...

I will get some writing done now, so I can't get up, move from this spot, or it will wake all the dogs, and I will be back in the dog mode again.  I just need to get Gillie to Maine... (the main character in the book I'm trying to get done before I start my new job...) then I can start dinner for my husband (etc) which I am surprising him with homemade lasagna, with salad and rolls.  It will be great, and give me left overs for tomorrow as well, so I can write more and not have to interrupt my writing...

D M Wiseman, another dog gone day, trying to get another novel done, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment