Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wearing of the Green today, making CB and Colcannon kind of day...

Today is St Patrick's Day - so Happy Day to the Irish, and the fake Irish - may you be able to hold your liquor and not embarrass yourself today!  I am Irish - my grandmother on my father's side (may they both rest in peace and hopefully having a blast in their afterlife in heaven!) came from Ireland.  So, he always said I am Irish - no matter how much, I am just plain Irish through and through.  He also said you didn't have to wear Green today to prove you are Irish, you are Irish your whole life, 365/24/7 - well not in those words, but he made his point.  I still wear green, just in case the red hair didn't give it away...

So, I'll be wearing of the green, and of course making CB and Cabbage (Corn Beef) and then having Colcannon (left over mash potatoes with cabbage and onions - lots of butter all mashed together - yum!) and then Shepard's Pie maybe tomorrow... But I won't be drinking and puking like the 'Fake Irish' that think today is all about drinking green beer.  St Pat's Day is for remembering our families, the St Patrick that saved us from our snakes, as the day really should be spent in Church.  It is a day for that kind of thing.  I said a prayer when I got up, and not one of my father's funny ones - the ones that are almost ditties... yeah, those aren't the normal prayers you think of when you think of church...

And besides, I have to go and do the whole pee in a cup - to prove that I am not a degenerate and takes meds that are not precribed to me.  So, I will do that, then have some wine with my CB and Cabbage, and more importatn - SLEEP in tomorrow.  I have been somewhere everyday this week, and would really like a PJ  day.  I need a good snuggle day with my babies.  And of course, to write my novel...

Did I ever tell you about Boomer's special look at water?  He will drink from a puddle, the pond, our swimming pool - but, if the water in his bowl is not CLEAN and SPOTLESS (meaning no slime from previous drinking) he will not drink out of it.  It's like on that movie 'Signs' - he refuses the water because it has 'dust' in it, or' it's contaminated' or 'it's old' - but not in that creepy little girl voice.  Mostly he stands and stares at the bowl and then whimpers at it.  Or barks which is really funny, since he never barks.  It's like he is spoiled or something... well he just did the 'it's contaminated' thing at me and it was HIS slime from just a minute before... gotta love my dogs, they are a scream.

D M Wiseman,  Irish through and through (sorry Mom) and spoiler of puppies, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment