Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Is it just me?" kind of day and other quotes...

I know that "Is it just me?" is a book written by Whoopi Goldberg - and it does have tons of quotes that would work for all kinds of things that happened today...but I need to say it.   It's spring already and we got 5 inches of snow, sleet, rain and ice - so we are still in a 'winter advisory' kind of couple of days.  This is just wrong.  We need SPRING and soon.  It's not fair to wear just a t-shirt not just a couple of days ago, and have to get the boots on again...and people can't have forgotten how to drive from last week's storm... and I need a vacation!

My husband, my friend, my soul mate drove me to work today because my Jeep (that I love, don't get me wrong!) broke again.  The transmission pan leak is back, and now there is another leak in the oil pan.  The dealership, of course wanted to fix a million other things that they 'found' wrong - and told me I have too many miles on my Jeep, and that I am 'too hard' on it - too much dirt roads that is causing all this damage.  It's a Jeep - its supposed to be an off road vehicle - and I live on 4+ miles of dirt roads before I get to our paved street.  Honestly, what is the point of a Jeep?  It kills me when people tell me that I should wash my vehicle, and their SUV has never SEEN dirt...why drive one, if you are not going to get it dirty?  Just saying.

So, driving with my husband (etc) was nice.  He drove, he cleaned off his car, and it was warmed up when we left.  I could get used to this!  And, after sitting in orientation for 8 hours listening to lectures and taking proficiency tests on a computer, it was nice to be driven home too.  But, after orientation - I go to nights which I love much better...I will miss him, but I like my night shift...Is it just me?  No - I have a lot of friends that work nights and can't sleep unless on our shift...even when we are off...

I am already up a chapter, as I wrote one last night (didn't think I would) and started on the two I promised myself to do today.  I was thrilled to see that I sold another novel sometime in the last few days, really need more sold, but I am happy with every one I sell.  I would just love the numbers to climb... writing and reading and now, sleeping - which for me is different...is it just me? Nope, and at my house, the dogs are messed up in their schedules as well...

D M Wiseman,   it's not just me, I think it's all of Michigan, published author that is still selling away...

No comments:

Post a Comment