Friday, March 11, 2011

My kind of snowstorm and a low key dizzy kind of Friday ...

Last night on the local, well Detroit Local News said we, in Michigan we were going to get another snow storm.  They kept saying the 'East Side' and 'West Side' areas.  I just wonder east and west of what?  We live 'North' of Detroit, about an hour and a half north - so I have to take what any of the news casts with a grain of salt, and approximate where we live, triangulate Flint, Detroit, and Port Huron - then average out what our weather is going to be.  Wow - I just realized that you do use math after high school!  Don't tell my mother, I hate it when she's right...

Anyway, they told us that we were going to get 3 to 5 or 7 inches of snow.  So I woke up and saw my driveway.  Meaning - there was snow everywhere else, but not on the driveway.  The best kind of snow storm ever!  It did not fall on the driveway!!!  So how cool is that?  This one has to be the best storm, as the snow blower machine died while cleaning up the last storm.  So hopefully this snow storm better be the last, really, let it be the last.  It is March, the month that it turns spring - we are going to change the time, you know 'Spring Ahead' this weekend and I really hate that damn ground hog, just saying.

I have had a headache for two days now, and woke up with it again this morning so now three days.  I attribute it to the cold type symptoms like sinus blockage you get with a cold that I have had since Monday.  I also have an earache, it was worse yesterday, and seemed to dull my hearing, but that part is better today.  But, now I am dizzy - so thinking that all this is related.  I took my antivert, so now I am beyond tired, but still have to get through that chapter I am working on...Even Boomer is sleeping on the end of the couch and not me, he knows I don't feel good.  Well, as soon as Gracie goes up stairs to nap, Leo stops the In and Out game, this is the last time for a while - they are making the room spin, me getting up and down so much.  The time outs will begin.  I really don't need to be dizzy today or any day.

I wanted to make a nice dinner for a Friday, usually I can't tell when my husband, my friend, my soul mate is coming home - its always a guessing game, so we don't make big dinners, in case it's a late day. So, I plan left overs, or a simple meal.  He wants this chicken meal I make, so maybe I'll do it - if I can cook without spinning in the kitchen as I stand still...it is the oddest feeling.  You need to hold on, to know that you are standing upright.  Bizarre to say the least.  The antivert helps, but makes me very tired.  But the chicken cooks fast - butter, garlic, and wine over rice with stuffing.  Sometimes I add broccoli but we'll see.  I'm not sure how long I can stand yet...it's still early.

So, I'll try to write, try to get through the day, as I get that chapter written that I started last night.  The antivert makes me tired, but takes away the dizziness, and so I wasn't sure what I really wrote.  I hate having to back track and re-read, re-write, and then continue.  At the same time, spinning and holding on, is hard to do when you are cooking.  But, I do need to make dinner. I do so love that chicken meal.

D M Wiseman, a bit dizzy, a bit tired, and in time out land with my puppies, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment