Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ice and sleet and snow Oh my! type weather happy to be inside day...

Woke up hearing something clicking on my window.  Not a normal sound, as I sleep on the top floor, high on a hill.  When I got up, I looked out the window and was greeted with ice and sleet and snow pelting my windows.  It was here - that lovely ice storm that they warned me about last night.  My husband, my friend, my soul mate made it to work, unlike last Friday when he did the psycho routine on me - still gives me a chill - you don't scare someone like that while they're in a shower - you just don't.  He'll get his.

I got up, the puppies were excited to be awake, go outside and to just be alive.  Of course, I have let two out of the three In and Out more than four times in just one short hour.  It is ridiculous!  They don't even care about the ice and sleet.  They are just playing like maniacs!  Still can't find the before mentioned collar, so I will have to make a trip in to the dog run that we never poop-er scoop - yeah, I don't want to do it.  But, his name and vaccination stuff are on it - plus it is his and his mom and dad might want to have it back.  I'll do it later, when it warms up.  It's black so maybe I'll be able to spot it.

Really, they want to come in again?  I just let them out... oh, well they will pass out in a little while, so there will be a rest period coming up - as I will institute one!  It's easy.  Boomer loves to sleep, and he is every time Gracie and Leo go out.  When Gracie goes upstairs - Leo won't go up the wooden stairs to the third floor - where Gracie's favorite sleeping spot is.  Its an antique sleeping couch.  Our Bull Mastiff was addicted to that couch as well.  It must be comfortable for dogs...  Any way, Leo won't go up those wooden steps without a lot of fussing.  It's odd - he won't go up those, but he will go up the outside open wooden stairs, and he will go DOWN the four steps to the dog run, but he won't come UP those four stairs.  Leo has his quirks, but don't we all...gotta love the personalities of dogs.  They are all different...and cool.

Wondering how my last part of the hiring process is going...but don't want to push.  There is still 12 days left until I am supposed to start, so I can wait...but I need to buy new scrubs, get a new book, and of course, change my whole life around, make sure the dogs can deal until I am off days (please God make it only two weeks!!) and on nights where we deal very well.  I come home, do the snuggle thing with Boomer, rub Gracie until she is in Heaven, and then off to bed.  I get up a dinner time and eat, let them out, play a bit, shower, play a bit, and then my husband (etc) will come home, and I will leave. 

It works for us, me working midnights, while my husband (etc) works days.  When St and S were little, it worked really well.  We hardly ever had to have babysitters - but it was usually family, or family friends.  My husband (etc) was the basic care giver of the kids.  It worked.  The boys went camping, boating, did all kinds of cool kids with dads things, while I slept.  But, we had alot of time off together, and the boys knew it was either mom or dad with them.  I felt a little guilty once in a while, but mostly not - because they were cared for by us.  Good kids, both of them - oh, I stand corrected, adults now.  They are still my boys though...

I will have one of our PJ days, and write the day away, as soon as I let the dogs out AGAIN !  Seriously, it has been two seconds since I let then in...it might be time for a 'Time Out' which will give me a few quiet minutes...to write.

D M Wiseman, the dog's private doorman, in this ice-y day, writing another book, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment