Thursday, March 24, 2011

I have potentially two sick puppies, and still have to work tomorrow...kind of day...

I got home from work, and Boomer didn't feel good.  He was gagging, throwing up and didn't want to eat dinner - not even with gray on it!  He just didn't want to eat.  He also didn't want to play with or suck on his puppy - the pacifier issue... and that worries me.  He was excited to see me, and did the whole excited dog thing, and promptly threw up.  Kind of wrecked the moment, but I still love him.

Then, Gracie went outside to play by herself, and when I went to let her in, she was running around like a spaz - and ran up the outside stairs, instead of waiting for me to let her in downstairs.  So, as I went up the stairs, I could hear her running around the deck like a fool! and she was soaking wet.  I looked down at the in ground pool that has been frozen, then was thawed, and now is kind of both - and yep, she fell in by the looks of the broken ice and the fact she was dripping icy water.  She doesn't like to be wet, thus the running around like the fool she was.  It took two of us to dry her off, and numerous beach towels.

I hope she is fine, because I can't do two sick dogs at once - I did that after Thanksgiving when Gracie was post-op and infected, and Boomer had pneumonia.  I don't think she is sick, as she was chewing her favorite bone, and demanding to be rubbed.  Boomer is snoring, but still worries me.  I will take him to the vets tomorrow, if he doesn't eat dinner.  He won't miss two meals, unless he is sick.  Even my husband, my friend, my soul mate thinks he might need to go in.  I thought I was the only one that obsessed about the dogs...and I will make sure that Gracie feels good although right now, she is rolling around acting like the fool puppy she is! so I think she is fine...

I wrote another chapter, but still need to get the whole episode revved up and get to the ending soon.  I really need to get it done, if I want to do the next one that I have been playing with in my mind started.  I just seem to keep thinking about the next one, as I am nearing the end of the current one.  Maybe I really am an author!  Ha, as two more books were sold... I am an author, not just a full time writer now that I am working...and let's just say working five days a week is NOT what anyone should do.  I want my 10hr shifts and only four of them please!  And while I'm on it - get me to nights!

D M Wiseman,  potentially going to the vets tomorrow, and definitely going to worry all day, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment