Sunday, March 13, 2011

I was confused when I got up because I didn't remember if I was getting up at 830 or 730 because this is the weekend of 'Spring Ahead' when we changed the clocks one hour 'ahead'.  It's to let us have more day light in the nice weather (debatable at this moment) and the kids don't get on the bus in the mornings in the dark in winter.  Yeah, they still see darkness, but whatever.  All I know is that I didn't know what actual time it was this morning...because normally we change the times before we go to bed, but half were changed, and half were not.

I do like that my phone and computer change the time - I have no idea how it happens, but it does.  It's the little magic things in this world that makes me smile.  I think its the fairy's - you see I believe in the little people, the fairy's - I'm Irish.  You just have to, if you're Irish.  And no - just for those of you who were asking, I'm NOT drunk.  My father used to say little things about believing because it makes life more fun.  It gives you a different way to look at the day.  So, I just smile, and believe.  Look at it like Santa.  Doesn't it make Christmas with little kids so much more fun?  And yes, I believe in Santa - you get more presents.  So I'm materialistic, but hey, who isn't?  I like presents...and I love the whole Christmas experience, family, the decorations, the presents.  Oh, I said that already.  But if you knew me - its the giving of the presents, that I like the best...

We, my husband, my friend, my soul mate and I are making the trip to the airport this afternoon with all of Leo's stuff, Leo and two vehicles.  Because S and V are coming home from Jamaica today!  Leo is excited to see his mommy and daddy.  I told him this morning and he ran around like a maniac.  Oh wait, he does that anyway.  We found his collar that he lost in the backyard the first day he was here.  He has learned to stop barking when I tell him, and yesterday we (meaning me) only needed one time out.  It has been a good week.  Gracie will probably sleep for the next week, she has played so much with Leo. 

Boomer is sleeping right now next to me, and the wild dogs are running on the deck.  I can hear them - they sound like elephants, running back and forth for I have no idea why.  But, they sound like they are having a great time, and since they are going to be separated today, I'll let them play...

Now, I will go have our big Sunday breakfast, gather all of Leo's things together and get ready to make the trip to Metro.  It's kind of sad really, to not have the grand puppy here anymore.  I will miss him, he just has the best time just being alive.  Makes my two run and play more...makes me want to get up and play, bark, and then sleep the day away...oh, I do that now, except for the barking part...maybe when I go back to work.  I have been known to be a Bull Dog when I work.  Hopefully, I don't bark...much.

I will write around the times I am letting the dogs In and Out, and driving to the airport.  Last night, I was watching TV (the Star Trek Movie - the one with the young James Tiberius Kirk - love it!) with my husband (etc) and he asked me what I was doing!  I was writing my book, of course, and he looked like he thought I was from space!  Yes, every minute that I am awake, and not actually doing 'something' - then I am writing.   He frowned at me.  He frowned at me!  I write, he knows that, but he didn't think I wrote all the time.  WHAT?  Did he think the computer on my lap was for fun?  Anyway, I am an author...

D M Wiseman,  last day as baby-puppy sitter for my grand puppy, AND yes writing! a published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment