Monday, February 28, 2011

My Monday is like no other, and yet the same...

I'm waiting for a phone call, and need to go to town.  The dilemma is if I leave, the phone call will come.  If I stay, taxes won't get paid on time.  So, when do I go?  It's the same thing if you are waiting for a repair man, delivery etc, they give you a time 'range' and leave you guessing.  I need that phone call, but I need to pay the taxes... I will wait until 1pm, then I will go, and still be back in time to get the call after 2.  I hate the whole wait thing...

The last time I was given a 'range' - it was to get Comcast installed at my son St's house and was told anywhere between 12n and 4pm.  I was on the way at 9am to get some things done in the mean time, and the guy that was going to install the cable was already at the house!  Never have I had them come early and when he called, St called me - and with in a few minutes, I was there, the guy had it done already on the outside, and well before lunch - we had Comcast cable.  But this was not the norm.

So, I will wait two more hours, maybe three, then rush to pay the taxes.  I really don't like to rush, but I want and need that phone call.  Oh well.  The dogs will love me - they get to go with me to town.  They like to go for little rides every now and then.  I take them to get gas, to the post office, its like a little treat for them.  It takes no time at all to get them in the car... and then they don't want out!  S and V take my grand puppy on rides all the time.  I saw him yesterday at the pass-off of my niece Sarah, and he loves car rides, just like my two.  But, oh course dogs are thrilled to breath, they're such happy little things - or like mine, huge things...

I wrote last night until I fell asleep at the computer.  Never did that before.  So, this morning I will go over what I wrote, since I have no clue - wow!  what if it is the best ever, that I've written?  That just boggles the mind.  I write better when I am sleeping, near unconscious, and on a dead line.

I need the famous and wonderful http://www.nanowrimo.com/ contest to start again, so I can really get another novel done.  In April, it's the http://www.nanowrimo.com/ 's contest to write a screen play in one month.  Don't know if I can do that - I have no idea how to write a screen play.  When I wrote the novel last November (and was a winner in the contest!) I used Mark Coker's book No Plot, No Problem! to help me on my way - actually how I found the site, and then after I was done - one of the other contest winners, gave me the http://www.smashwords.com/ 's site to get myself published.

So, after I look over the ramblings of last nights writings, then I'll get dressed.  Then I'll eat, and hopefully the phone call will come - so I can go on with the day's tasks - like paying the taxes!  And taking my angel (this morning anyway) puppies to town as well.

D M Wiseman,   happily (that was sarcastic) waiting and writing this day away, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment