Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday spent at the Scrapbook Emporium...

I spent twelve hours of my day with my famous sister in law Holly and our friend Michelle at the grand re-opening of the http://www.thescrapbookemporium.com/ and a large group scraping.  My husband, my friend, my soul mate just shakes his head and wonders what all the big deal is.  He laughs and says that scrapbook stuff is like 'crack' and Holly is my 'crack dealer' because the more you buy, the more you want, and then the more you buy... He doesn't get it that it's mostly about getting together with friends, family and just having fun - it is for me, anyway.

So, today I made 12 stationary cards for my mom (the one that doesn't own a computer, doesn't text or email, and is a bit behind in the times) so she can write letters (yes, hand write letters) to her friends and relatives.  I will give them to her for Mother's Day, as she doesn't need or want anything (she says that every year, but heaven help me if I don't give her any thing...) but she will use these.  I also made 6 birthday cards, Mother's Day cards for my sister Barb - from her dogs; my sister Pat - from her cats; Father's Day card from our monster dogs, to their dad (my husband, my friend, and my soul mate).  I made a lot of cards.  I didn't do any 'pages' which is NOT my strong suit, but I did think about doing some pages, so I should get some credit for that...

I spent some time listening to other women talking about what their family did all week, the things that their kids did that was funny, horrible, or how proud they are that their kids did...or were going to do...and why their kids (or husband) did what.  It's amazing that hardly anyone spoke of what they did, or what they were going to do.  It was all about family.  Or their dogs/cats/grand kids...  It never fails that women put themselves last in the whole scheme of things.  I felt a bit selfish talking about the interview I had, and how I wrote another book that made it into the premium catalog on http://www.smashwords.com/ but I did it anyway.  I am proud of that.  Then I told them about St and K getting home from sunny Florida and S and V getting ready to go to Jamaica. 

I came home late, my husband (etc) was tired and was ready for bed, I wanted to write some, and you know, just chill on my heating pad, maybe snuggle with my Boomer as Gracie slept at my feet, so here I sit, doing just that.  I am also watching Anne Hathaway on Saturday Night Live - which I have watched since I was in high school (don't tell my mom, as she can still ground me retrospectively!) and still find it funny.  I will go to bed soon, really I will - after I get a few chapters written...

D M Wiseman,   all scraped out and resting it up with my two monsters, author...

No comments:

Post a Comment