Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Awaiting the 'snow storm' of the century and published another one...

So the weather man and everyone else - has been warning us - the Michigan area - is going to be dumped with 3 to 6  or 6 to 8  or 8 to 12  or 18 inches.  No one seems to know.  I went to bed excited because I published another book, and I fully expected to wake up to the first wave of the snow storm of the century - as much snow as has been dumped on the East Coast last week - and just to make sure the weather man knows Michigan is NOT part of the East Coast - we are in the Middle - but they keep telling us that we are going to be dumped on!  But I digress...

I woke up to - wait for it - no snow.  Well, we had it on the ground already from last week, but no new snow.  So my husband, my friend, my soul mate went off to work, even though he got up early and was ready to dig out before going to his breakfast meeting.  But, it didn't happen.  So, he got off to work early, without a hitch.  Now, worrying about the ride home, will see how the 'snow flies' - and whether or not the weather man is right - maybe for once.         

Last night I finished editing my most recent novel "The Usual Reasons" and it was published on the wonderful site http://www.smashwords.com/ so I am thrilled.  It is about a computer millionaire and a toddler, the tragedy that happens and the highly intelligent programmer that helps him through.  It's a good one, if I have to say it for myself.  Yeah! This makes four published!  And the fifth is on its way...

I am almost done with the third novel in the Pretty Marsh Trilogy - which will be the fifth book I've written... I finally have the name down.  "Merry's Plan" - short and sweet.  It has been tough, but sometimes the titles come easy, other times it just doesn't make sense until the end.  I know another one is brewing in my head, and will be started soon...  I can't seem to stop writing.

The dogs are with me, the fireplace is on and I am all toasty warm, as I write this.  I will be in contact with my husband, my friend, my soul mate - as he doesn't want me to go to my lunch appointment today because it's an hour away, and because of the threat of snow, he worries.  So, I am waiting for the actual weather report - actually I will just look outside!  Honestly, they tell us all the horrible things that are coming, and so far, not so accurate.  I will just look outside and decide - to I go or stay...

Listening to Boomer snoring away, Gracie laying behind the couch, every once in a while to look outside - seeing no snow so far, and writing "Merry's Plan"  I will see about leaving for lunch.  I could just stay in and write, maybe get dressed later...

D M Wiseman waiting for the snow storm of the century that published her fourth novel ! writing the fifth...

No comments:

Post a Comment