Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blogging very late on a Thursday, but better late than never...

I had a busy day today, and was not home due an appointment early in the morning, then the inevitable grocery shopping to pick up a few things.  I went to a new shopping mall with the normal big multipurpose shopping store that I like to go to get the really good deals - and as I went in to begin my shopping, by taking my soda cans back - I was told by the greeter to go back outside - I can't bring the cans in the store.  The can and bottle return was in an outside door, and was not accessible from the inside.  How odd...

Then, I couldn't find things.  As in I couldn't find my tea bags that I normally buy from this very store, I couldn't find the milk, sour cream, eggs, and by the time I was done with my shopping, I had to ask a total of seven employees where things were...This was a new store location for me, so maybe that's why I couldn't find things, but seriously, why is the sour cream by the muffins?  Why is the milk in the middle of the store, and why isn't tea bags by the coffee?  Serious questions, but it will not matter - I don't plan on frequenting that particular location, so it will not be an issue for me...but it brings up the question of why is the milk in the middle of the store?  And, they better not change the layout of my normal store...

When I got home, after I let the dogs out, put the groceries away, I wanted a good hot cup of tea, and a few cookies.  I went upstairs to get the cordless phone, and when I came down - my cookies were not there - they had disappeared into thin air - actually into Gracie's tummy.  My fault entirely, as I know she is a food thief, but I wasn't happy.  Those were my cookies!  I got more out, and gave her the evil eye.  She wagged her tail in response - the monster.

So, settling down to drink my tea, eat my now safe cookies, I went through my emails and generally got down to the business of writing.  Since then, I've been watching Boomer and Gracie playing with each other.  No naps for those two, and alas, Boomer's puppy (his pacifier toy) nearly got his head ripped off, and some guts came out.  Now puppy is missing an arm, a leg, and both ears.  He's looking kind of sad, really.  So I fixed puppy, and as dinner is done, Boomer is happily sucking on his puppy (he only does this after dinner - another oddity), and Gracie is chewing her bone.  All is well at my house in the rural area of Michigan...

D. M. Wiseman, relaxing as I write the new novel of the century, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment