Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day - and a day of laundry with a dash of dogs...

It is a very windy Valentine's Day - not cold, but very windy.  I am doing laundry between checking the evil wind that is making even Boomer bark.  If you know Bull Dogs, they rarely bark.  It is kind of cute - he has a deep bark, and when he barks - his whole body jumps backwards.  And then he looks surprised that he made such a noise!

The wind is making the rocking chairs on the veranda - yes, our house has a veranda (or big! porch) that goes around three sides of our house.  It is really cool and one of the reasons I wanted to buy it.  For parties, you can set up tables on the porch - it's that big.  And the cool part -we have rocking chairs out front, and the wind is making them go - kind of spooky but its broad day light.  So not the horror kind of weird, but making the dogs bark.  Then the whole fire place noises was what woke me - Gracie not sure what the noises coming from the 'big hole' in the wall.  At 730 in the morning, having to get up and close the flue, I wasn't too thrilled, but got up anyway.

Now, we are sitting as normal:  Gracie laying at my feet, chewing on a bone, and Boomer next to me, snoring away.  I am writing the end of the my story and trying to do laundry at the same time.  As well as texting my kids a Happy Valentine's Day!  I like the way that S and V do cards - they go to a card store, pick out a card and then show it to each other - then put it back!  A great way to show their love and save money.  There are other ways too.  I put notes in my husband, my friend, my soul mate's pocket.  Texting, calling, and making your own cards.  Just to say I love you, is a Valentine in itself.

D M Wiseman, dog saver from evil wind that blows, and author...

No comments:

Post a Comment