Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A really horrible Wednesday...

I have had a horrible day.  Never mind how it started - when I woke up late and had to hurry to get to my sisters to take her for a check up that turned out worse then crappy - if you pray, now would be a great time to add us to your prayer list...this is the third re-occurrence of the Big C and we are going to be starting on another round of radiation with chemo soon.  So, crap.

Then I came home, and Boomer is not acting normally - as in not happy to see me, not running around excited to be alive and doesn't want to eat dinner.  So, I try to get him to eat, no dice.  I try to get him to eat a cookie - as in a biscuit - and he doesn't want one.  This in it's self, makes me sure he is sick.  He lives to eat cookies.  So I show him his leash - and he stands there.  He was sick.

I take him to the emergency vets - and he sounds funny to me - as in he is NOT making noises, not breathing loudly, like he is always doing when he is excited - or just breathing.  The doctor says he sounds congested.  Off to for an x-ray to confirm the pneumonia diagnosis, along with bilateral ear infections.  When it rains it pours.  So, he's on antibiotics, ear meds and of course - extra hugs.

I got no writing done today - and I really need a hug.  Boomer is trying to sleep, snoring like normal, Gracie is laying with him, as if she knows he is sick.  My husband, my friend, my soul mate is trying to get Boomer to eat some ice.  I really need a 'redo' of the whole day.  But, the only good note is my sister and I figured out a new plot line for the book I intend to write next...

D M Wiseman, unhappy, with too many issues today to deal with...author

No comments:

Post a Comment