Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's a 'I think I'll get dressed early and write all day' kind of Wednesday ...

Writing today with Boomer on my lap seems harder than normal, not sure why but he's lying on my mouse, putting his paw up on the keyboard - which makes all kinds of weird symbols and an occasional word.  He's very intelligent.  There doesn't seem to be a reason for him to be more of a lap dog than normal.  But, gotta love his warm little body...well great big body. 

We are watching the reruns of the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - we already know the winner - not who I would have picked, but a nice dog.  My pick for a dog never wins.  I would really like to see a Mastiff or a Bull Dog, Bull Mastiff or that gorgeous Neapolitan Mastiff  win.  The Neo was wonderful and if you watched closely, all my pick of dogs - when they were doing the long walk - shook their heads and drool flew all around.  It was great.  And the Bull Mastiff had shoe strings going the whole way.  I loved it, which made me know the reason they don't win.  They drool.  It's a definite issue.  If you don't believe me, ask anyone whose been in my house in the past 11 years - drool, slobber, whatever you call it.  Gotta love it, if you own my kind of dogs...

So, writing with my babies, watching the rerun of the Dog Show, wondering how mine would do in the ring - and I know although I love mine, they would never do very well.  They are family dogs, not show dogs.  Boomer listens to me, sometimes.  Gracie listens to us, occasionally, and the others I've owned, maybe Max would have been the best - if he felt like it.  And usually, he didn't much care to do the 'show' things.  He was a good dog, and could do all the show bits, but when he felt like it. 

I should write my story of our lives with dogs - it would not be like that one they made into a movie, it would not be like Lassie either.  So, not sure what I could write - how they ate a wall, the door jam, frozen chicken, a turkey leg?  how they fell into the swimming pool and got pneumonia?  how they knocked me down and injured my hip which led me to write a novel that was published, and now I'm an author?  Oh!  Maybe that one... At least do a blog on them, which this seems to be turning into.. but hey.  It's my life, my dogs, my kids, and my husband, my friend, my soul mate - wow, my life in twenty words or less...

D M Wiseman, insightful and reflective, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment