Friday, February 25, 2011

Yeah! I have a second book in the premium catalog Friday...

I just got Boomer off my lap, he was a little more cuddly than normal, and went on line to check my http://www.smashwords.com/ status of the three books that are still 'pending approval' for the premium catalog - and found that the book I wrote back in 1996, tried to get published in 1997 and didn't - well it's now approved for the premium catalog!  That is huge!  It means that within two weeks, you can get it on all the ereaders like the Nook, Kindle, iPad etc and not just by downloading it to your computer, then dragging it to whatever reader you have!  It's on the actual books sites, like Stephen King's novels, or JD Robb's - not that there's any correlation, but just as an example.

I know that means nothing to some people, but if someone that doesn't read my blog (and I know there is a few people in the world that are NOT reading my blog!) can browse on http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ or http://www.kobo.com/ and find my book!!!! then buy it and read it, it's really something!  Yeah, I am on the book list on those places and more.  My books are on google, too.  I feel validated as an author - twice over now!  It is a better feeling then even yesterday.  Really, I loved yesterday, but this is really a good thing!  For me, anyway...

So, I will treat myself with pizza and beer for my husband, my friend, my soul mate and for me - pizza and Mike's Hard Pink Lemonade - or maybe even Cranberry or Raspberry!  Whoa Hoo !  I am a wild woman tonight...  I really feel great about this, and the dogs aren't that excited for me.  They are acting normally, and just want another cookie!  I want someone to squeal and clap - you know the girl way to be excited...

I want - actually I need that validation.  It is purely for my ego.  I know it's childish.  I know it's all selfish and in some way just plain bragging... but once my dad said (actually he said it a lot...)  If your don't toot your own horn, then never have that horn be tooted.  Deep stuff.  It was a little Irish ditty, but I can't remember it right now, I'm too self absorbed, childish, and an ego maniac.  I get that, but every once in awhile, we need to have a 'all about me' day.  I just spoke to V and she was excited for me - between coughing fits (she has a sinus infection and bronchitis - when it rains it pours...).  I stopped being all about me for a minute - to make sure she is OK, because they are off to Jamaica in just over a week.  She must get better...

So, I am just sitting here, being excited all by myself, Boomer sleeping half on and half off his bean bag chair, and Gracie is up on her fainting couch - so I will do all the squealing noises all by myself.  Yeah for me!!!

D M Wiseman, the selfish one with two novels in the premium catalog since this morning, author!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment