Thursday, February 24, 2011

A simple day and a bit of shoveling as well...

Going to an interview, going to lunch with my husband, my friend, my soul mate, and then to shovel snow (and take the mail in) for St because he is in Florida getting a tan made for a simple day.  No big deal, nothing worth writing about.  But, today was a good day, and that is worth it.  Although shoveling for a kid on vacation as he tells me about spending the day in the sun made me want to scream in frustration with this winter stuff, I refrained...because...

I was validated in my professional life - I received a job offer.  I was validated in my family life - my son's birthday is today, and he called me - how do you like that!  I did text him this morning with the happy birthday text - but with restraint, since it was not at 630 am when I first got up - I waited until 9 am - he is on vacation after all.  I really liked him calling me, it was nice.

And I was validated in my personal life - my husband, my friend, my soul mate took me to lunch and we had a little day time date.  I like the thought that we can still make each other smile - and I hope he does too.  I also came home to the puppies, who always make me feel like I am their favorite person, that they are too excited to see me.  It is a nice feeling.  Except when the monster that is Gracie has eaten all the chips in the cupboard that she got into.  Oh well - that is my fault for leaving the pantry door open...

I do feel a little guilty, too, because right now is not the best time for me to start a new job, due to my sister needing me to help her through the chemo, radiation, doctor appointments, and the whole cancer thing.  I feel guilty over the possibility of not being there totally.  I don't know what to do, but somehow need to do what is best for me  I hate guilt, it is a negative thing that eats at our soul, and kills my teeth - I'm a clench-er, a grinder, and besides that, I eat tums to get through the days as well now, without the guilt.  And, a new job will eat into my life as an author. 

So, I will get pounding on my novel, since I will need to get it done, before I start the new job... if I take it.  I probably will - I plan to.  I want the challenge of starting something new, with new people, a new facility - so I will know by tomorrow.  I need to get the book done, in the mean time...so I can get that off my plate, and add the other stuff...

I also need to feed the puppies, as well as get dinner started ...  I want to keep the day going on my roll today.  And since I plan to write until late, as well as all day tomorrow so that Saturday can be spent with my famous sister in law Holly at www.thescrapbookemporium.com with our friend Michelle doing more cards and pages of pictures - I need to get cracking...

D M Wiseman,   happy in almost all aspects in my life, and just a bit guilty in the other, author...

No comments:

Post a Comment