Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a Tuesday and I am on a roll with a new story line...

I slept really well last night, and this morning I woke feeling refreshed.  AND with a new thought, on a new story line - and got right up, gave the monster dogs their morning cookies - they like peanut shaped dog biscuits.  I have finally taught Gracie to sit, do the short 1 sec down, but still having trouble with the stay.  She just doesn't get the stay.  Boomer has it - even before I ask him to sit, I get the biscuits out, he sits, lays down, (and over by the way) and waits for his treat.

Just to keep the story straight, Boomer can open the pantry door himself, but doesn't know how to get to the biscuits.  Gracie just goes along with it.  You see I keep the biscuits up high now, just better that way - since the first week Gracie was with us, and Boomer opened the pantry door, and Gracie knocked over the box, Boomer then ripped it open.  You can guess, yep - I came home to box pieces and cookie pieces every where.  So, now the cookies are up high.  You learn quick, with dogs.

The thoughts I had during the night, an odd change in the story lines I have written in the past, and different than the story I was writing - I just put that on the burner, and now I will try out this story - see where it goes.  Hopefully,  it will take me to a sixth novel completed and published on http://www.smashwords.com/"Merry's Plan" is still being edited, and as soon as that is done, I will feel much better.  I hate having one just hanging around...

So, the day will be for the new story line, and of course my two monsters.  Boomer is already cuddled into his favorite - well second favorite place - on his bed, next to the fireplace.  Gracie at my feet chewing a bone - now that I shut the guest room door and cleaned up the pine cone from the bucket of potpourri that Gracie had gotten in to a little bit ago.  Again, you learn quick, with dogs.

D M Wiseman, learning to remember I call them 'monster dogs' for a reason, author...

No comments:

Post a Comment