Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lunch, catching up, and keeping warm...on a Tuesday

It's Tuesday, and I am going to meet an old friend to catch up at lunch.  We were going to do this last week, but the Epic Historic Massive Snowpocalyse Snowmagedon Snow Storm of the Century 2011 kept me from meeting Cindy.  So, today we will attempt again.

In the mean time, the dogs are awake and playing - Boomer keeps stealing whatever toy Gracie takes to play.  So, they are playing kind of nicely - the kind where they keep bringing the toy to me, to play too.  They have already knocked my soda over - only half full, so not too bad - and tore apart one toy.  We've been up less than an hour.  They both have been out twice and that in itself, is odd.  Boomer doesn't usually go out until later.  So, sleeping all day yesterday, now they play.  Gotta love dogs.  Happy with a torn toy, a couple of cookies and snuggles.  Such a life.

I was up late last night to edit my latest book - it's not done, but I was mixed up in my thoughts and needed to remember what I wrote about a fact in the book, because I know it - but did I explain or write about it yet?  Its the chicken or the egg...in writing.  Its in my head, but did I write it down yet?  SO, after a couple hours, found it.  I will now be able to put the finishing touches on the book and then SIGH so I can start researching the next one.

Yes, I research things.  Like Merry's gun - spent almost an entire day figuring out what gun she was going to carry.  S told me girls should carry a smaller caliber gun, but when you do google research and put in 'women hand guns'  it comes up with a site that was very helpful with details and even pictures.  So, I picked a S & W Chief's Special .45 caliber (it's light and has low recoil) over the Baretta 92F or Ruger P89 - makes me sound like I know something about guns.  I don't, but research has become so much easier since the Internet and search buttons.  Google or Bing - and there it is for me to use!  Gotta love that, and wonder how we ever got along, having to run to the library all the time...

D M Wiseman, published author and sound to have another one up! and happy on a Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment