Saturday, February 5, 2011

Total chaos at 600 in the morning...what a way to start a Saturday...

Well, S and V brought Leo over last night and wow.  The wild ones - my two monsters, Boomer and Gracie, they were very excited to see Leo, as the Out game began - no one wanted to come in - or go to sleep.  So, after hours of whining - yes my husband, my friend, my soul mate was tired of hearing Leo walking around - he didn't want to sleep (Leo that is - my husband did!) I was tired of both the husband whining wanting to sleep and the dog IN my room and the one IN the hallway, whining to play.

So, I got up at 6am, and took the two big monsters down stairs, to wake up the Boomer (not happy about interrupting his snoring!) and they all went out.  Boomer was in the house within minutes - it's too cold out there for him.  But an Alpine Mastiff - Gracie stays out for hours.  Leo is a mix and moves to quick for the cold to touch him.  Boomer and I snuggled with our tea, and watched the rerun of the 2007 Eukanuba Dog Championship - on Animal Planet - we watch these all the time, Boomer and I.  Gracie is above watching dog shows, and Leo - I don't know that he understands the concept of Best in Show.  I'm working on it...

Later today, V and I are going to attend the www.thescrapbookemporium.com 's garage sale.  Then while she and S go out with friends, my husband, my friend, my soul mate will watch the chaos continue - but maybe go out to dinner and let the three run free in our house.  I need a few new things anyway, so if they, say eat the wall - we need to paint anyway.  But if they touch any furniture, they're in trouble.  They usually do pretty well together, the three monsters, when we are gone.  At least I think they do...maybe I should have one of those Teddy Bear cameras to see what they do - but Gracie would probably eat the thing, so bad idea...

I like this early morning time, I get to write, snuggle with one of the three, have my tea, and get to chose what's on TV as my white noise in the background and on weekends, it's the Dog Show.  I have had some cool dogs in my life...poodle growing up, Black Lab in my teens (really the brother JM's dog) and when preggers with S, we got St a mutt (potty training a almost 3 y/o and the puppy while very preggers with the next one - priceless - as in you couldn't pay me enough to do that again!).  Then we had a wonderful breed, and wonderfully bull headed Bull Mastiff named Max.  Loved that dog!  and then 6 months later, rescued an English Mastiff, Ladybug - you should never name a 170lb dog Ladybug even though she was red with a black face... When Max died, then Lady, we bought the Boomer, an Old English Bull Dog, who is spoiled rotten and knows it.  Then of course, we rescued the famed Gracie...

So that's why I love to watch the Dog Shows - to see what my next breed will be.  I think a French Bull Dog - all black - I think they are so cute... and the attitude would just fit in with these three I'm playing In and Out with again...

D M Wiseman, getting my exercise today with the three dogs,  while continuing to write, author...

No comments:

Post a Comment