Thursday, February 3, 2011

Survived the Snowmagedon and ventured out this morning...

I went out this morning to have breakfast with St's girlfriend K - and we had what K calls a "big honkin' breakfast" at a diner that is not too far from the OU campus (that is Oakland University - Go Grizzlies! not that Ohio school - S and V go to MSU - Go Green as well, so just clarifying!).  So we ate and talked, and caught up on things.  I haven't seen her for three weeks, so we had a nice, long visit.

Soon St and K are going with a bunch of friends down to sunny and warm Florida to have a nice adventure on their spring holiday from school - the affore mentioned OU.  I will be getting St's mail, and generally checking on his house as well as watch his netflix to catch up on the movies I meant to see, but never got to the theatre to see.  They need a vacation - from work, school, and the cold - and I need to see some chic flix on netflix!

A week or so after they come back, S and V will be on their spring holiday to an all inclusive down in Jamaica and we will be watching our grand puppy Leo - and I know our pups will be thrilled to play with him.  I will, of course get my exercise playing the In and Out game - mostly out, and generally trying to keep the calm.  But thank God for time outs - and some of the time its for me!

But I digress...after I had the most wonderful time with K, I drove up to my street to find that the wonderful county I live in - had plowed the road that I live on - which made my drive way impassable.  Now, I spent all that time yesterday getting the snow OUT of my driveway and was amazed to find more snow in the driveway that was there before the Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, Epic Historic Massive Snow Storm of 2011.  So, I was not too thrilled, but since I drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle - my wonderful Jeep - and since IT IS an off road vehicle, I decided to take it off road.  I went up and over the pile of snow, and into my driveway. 

Thank God for gas guzzling 4 wheel drive vehicles that can deal with Michigan winters and snow plow's evil thought process...Because I want to question the reasoning of the county plow - seriously - there is nothing - absolutely nothing across the street from our house, and he had to plow our driveway in - can't they push it the other way, to the 25 empty acres on the other side?  Do they always have to plow my drive way in?  Now, I have to go out and attempt to dig out once more...

So, the pups and I are resting today, to get ready for the three day weekend with Leo, and the fun - but chaotic - time.  They need to rest up for the fun, and so do I...

D M Wiseman, survivor of the Epic Historic Massive etc snow storm of 2011 author...

No comments:

Post a Comment