Saturday, February 12, 2011

Going to a "Frozen Turkey Bowling" event in the cold, windy weather of a Saturday...

I got home last night late - I was out scrap booking with my very famous sister in law Holly, and our mutual friend Michelle - and let me tell you, it was fun.  I scrapped 4 pages, which - since I'm a newbie is a lot!  I also finished that calendar that I have been trying to finish forever.  And being on a roll, the Valentine's Day cards are done too.  I am beyond excited that I finally feel like I know what I am doing...

So getting up this morning, to the puppies being so excited by just getting up, playing with their favorite ball (which they just destroyed -it only lasted less than a month) and playing their In and Out game with me - as my husband, my friend, my soul mate doesn't like to play that one.  Then off to the showers because, although I would like to be lazy on a Saturday - oh no!  We have to go frozen turkey bowling...

Let me explain -- the affore mentioned husband is part of the Optimist Club and he was assigned to run the "Frozen Turkey Bowling" at the Grand Opening of the Marsh Bank Park.  Seriously, Frozen Turkey Bowling.  I don't even regular bowl, and I am going to stand out in the cold, the wind, the weather - to watch a bunch of people bowl with turkeys... there is a pun there, let me tell you...

So, after we come home, and the fingers can move - are all thawed out, then I will write.  And maybe get back into the lazy day...we are going to do pizza for dinner, and we will do some definite snuggling - and when we do, the dogs will be all over us.  They like to snuggle too, so the couch gets very crowded.  But it is warm...gotta love Saturdays.

D M Wiseman, Queen of the Frozen Turkey Bowling Alley - and thawing out author...

No comments:

Post a Comment