Thursday, April 14, 2011

Started a new 'eating regimen' as I finish up this novel...

I heard about this new 'eating regimen' (in real words a diet - but just say diet and it's a negative thing...just saying) called "The 17 Day Diet" and I read it last night - well just the first 17 day part and decided to start it today.  I will have to really work at it because it goes against my very soul to give up my diet Mountain Dew.  The author actually called it NEGATIVE WATER - well yeah!  That's why I drink it.  But I will have to add all kinds of plain water!  Plain water?  I shudder to think...

I will also have to give up my Black Irish Breakfast Tea and drink something called Green Tea - yeah, I heard of it before, but really, green tea?  Green?  So, I will drink it, if it means that I will lose 9 to 12 pounds of water type fat in the 17 days.  Hmmm.  Where have I heard this before?  Oh, in every other 'diet' written.  But, after reading the first 17 day's menus - I can do it.  I can eat salads, green beans, tomatoes, and chicken or fish.  I have a grill, so I can add the low fat low sugar low taste sauce to the meat, with spices.  I can eat beans every day - I love green beans.  And tomatoes, and red grapes.  I can do this.  I will do this.  It's only 17 days, I can do anything for only 17 days... April 30 the same deadline for my novel...

I told my husband, my friend, my soul mate about the 'eating regimen' and he said 'sure' he would give it a try.  I said 'there is no try, only do' in my best Yoda voice - and I will use the force - my need to get rid of the muffin tops because ... have you seen the dresses that are out there for Mother of the Groom's ?  I will not look like my mother at the two weddings in my immediate family next summer.  My God Daughter is also getting married next summer.  AND S, K, and St along with a niece Sarah (one of Holly's daughters) and a nephew Brandon are graduating from college!  Well, Sarah from High School, but you get the drift.  A lot of things that I will be photographed in.  I will look better.  I will.

I need to not be over my BMI limit. Did you know the BMI chart calls me OBESE?  For my height, I should weigh 120 - that's pounds.  I will look ridiculous at 120, but I will take something in the 130's even if it is 139.  I will aim for the 140's, just in case.  I don't want to look too good.  It isn't MY day, but I don't want the photographer to have to use a wide angle lens either.  In reality, I'm not that bad, but I do have muffin tops that I could lose.  I would be healthier as well.  Yeah, that's the reason.  Ha.

I read somewhere - I read a lot - that for every pound you lose, you take 4 pounds off your joints - like my poor knees that ache when I come home from work.  I'm for that!  And the muffin tops...they need to go.  I asked my husband (etc) to get the tread mill out of the storage room, and put it in the living room - I can walk as I edit my books, or re-read the 'eating regimen' book, when I have to re-learn what NOT to eat, and what TO eat...  I will do it.  Maybe I will write something into my novel about 'eating regimens' and how they need to be re-named that!  Like bringing back 'groovy', I will do this...and eat my green beans.

D M Wiseman,  drinking my last Black Irish Breakfast Tea, writing my novel, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment