Sunday, April 10, 2011

Morning like it used to be! and feeling good about the day...

I got up with the puppies and let them out, watching as they ran out into the fog - like a bad horror movie.  I made tea and waited for them to come back to the door, with a weird feeling in my stomach.  I really hate the fog, it's not a normal thing, and when I'm driving, it's really creepy - like scary and time changes when there's fog.  It's like the clouds fell or something.  But I digress...

The puppies came back and we went down to the family room, fired up the fireplace and snuggled with the puppy Boomer, with Gracie at my feet.  It was like all those other days:  wake early, snuggle with the pups, and write my novel.  I think this is a good day... if the fog would go away.  Maybe I should write a book with the fog being a part of the mystery.  A gorgeous man walks out of the fog, and ...

Well, first I have to finish the promised April novel, then the other three that I am thinking of.  Maybe one of those can have fog in them.... but I think that what ever pulls me to write, will be the next, after this one, novel.  I just need to write.  My personal goal is 12 novels, but I am not giving an end date for the 12.  I will do a book at a time goal.  If I could just get a set schedule at work, get a schedule to go to the boat, then I will be able to put myself on a realistic goal.  I want to be realistic - in my imagination - writing is totally imagination, when it's fiction.  So, get me through the orientation, and I will be more productive...

In the mean time, I will write some today, as my husband, my friend, my soul mate is going over to the boat to check it, but I think I will stay home.  I really need to finish a few cards - I only made one 'cap' for the graduation cards.  I did organize the room, though.  I should get points for that!  And while I was doing this, I thought of how to get my character off the boat, and into the chase...so it wasn't such a waste of time...

D M Wiseman,  productive, imaginative, and goal driven from this day on, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment