Monday, April 11, 2011

The usual Monday stuff on no sleep, no food, and in the rain...

I got up and it was pouring rain, saw lightening while I was showering, and drove to work in the dark, rainy morning, and got caught by the train on Woodward for eight minutes.  Thank God (and my fear of being late) that I leave enough time to:  deal with the rain, walk in the dark, and wait for the train that was going very slow across the highway.  This is only the third time I have been caught by the train and I don't like it.  It was making me nuts, even though I knew I was early, I like to get a jump up on my shift. 

So, I left work 40 minutes late, and yep - you guessed it - I got caught by the train coming home too!  It has to be a conspiracy!  It wasn't an exact amount of time later - it was 625am and 804pm so I don't get it.  Also, it didn't happen the last three weeks going home, so what's the deal?  I just wanted to go home, take my shoes off, and eat something before I fell into my bed to sleep and do it all again tomorrow.  Is that too much to ask?  It seems not, not to me anyway...

I will NOT have to do it on Wednesday, or Thursday though, so I guess I can do it tomorrow.  When you know it's just for one more day, you can do anything.  And I know I can do it.  The PJ day is calling me!  Wednesday I don't intend to even get dressed!  I may make dinner for myself, but probably just make it a PBJ for dinner, and have an apple to balance it out.  I love having PBJ's for dinner - just don't tell my husband, my friend, and my soul mate - he doesn't like to even have breakfast for dinner! 

I wrote little thoughts on pieces of paper and stuck them into my pocket all day as I read the million or so policies that I had to get through, and while I was finishing up the schedules.  So, I will spend part of Wednesday putting those thoughts into my novel, or getting them ready for the next best novel... while I eat my PBJ!  I have thought up the way to get Leah and Mac off the boat and onto an island...

D M Wiseman,   one more day to go and PJ day and PBJ's here I come, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment