Saturday, April 16, 2011

Off to watch V try on wedding dresses! and quality time with friends...

Today, I am off to the E Lansing area to watch V try on wedding dresses with her sister, friend and V's Mom Barb - and spend quality time as well, dinner with son S.  I am excited, as I have no daughters and would not normally get to do this!  So, this is really nice - and I will have two soon!  I already went to a Bride's Expo thing with them, so it's exciting.  The mom of the groom usually doesn't get to do stuff like this...

I just found out yesterday that my oldest son St's wonderful K has been elected to her SECOND year as Editor in Chief of the Oakland Post - which is the official paper of Oakland University.  A very prestigious title indeed.  She is also just completing an internship at the Detroit Hour magazine as well.  Next she takes finals, then off for 10 weeks to the great State of Kentucky to do an internship at the Louisville's Courier Journal.  She is always busy and definitely does way more in one semester than I accomplish all year!  Well, yeah - that's true now.  But I did get my Bachelors and Masters Degrees while working full time with two little boys, so I haven't always been a slacker!  Ha.  I just slack sometimes, in PJ's while I write... is that slacking?

I am proud of both my boys - now men, and their choices of women.  I love them both!  All of them!  St and K as well as S and V.  I have lucked out tremendously because I truly like my kids, and the girls too.  They are fun to talk to, be with, and just spend time with.  Good job me!  My husband, my friend, my soul mate spent a lot of quality time with the boys - when I was working midnights, sleeping and studying to give them a great basis for family.  They turned out to be well adjusted and intelligent beings... as well as know how to have fun!  Love 'em! 

So, after I come back from E Lansing, I will write - actually re-write what I wrote yesterday.  I am not sure about that last chapter, but will read it again and see how to fix it.  Then, write some more... I need to get it done... and tomorrow, I will continue to write as I do the inevitable laundry...I work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, have Thursday off - maybe a PJ day - then to U of M on Friday...  Then I start on my new schedule of midnights! 

Can't wait to get a set schedule to work and sleep - so that I can figure out how to work in my writing, as well as time to scrap with my sisters (April 30 is a twelve hour day - and I plan to make some wedding layouts, at least get the engagement page and proposal page done...).  I also need to get some quality time in with the pups and my husband (etc) as it is our 27th Wedding Anniversary on the 28th!  We plan on getting a good 50 years in... I love that man!  I base a few of my characters on him... don't tell!  But, I make them have guns, where he doesn't do guns...he could, but he is a 'politician' kind of guy...talks them down.  He is always calm and controlled.  Hmmm, I feel another character coming on...

D M Wiseman,  mother of the groom, and writer, as well as published author every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment