Friday, April 15, 2011

I had the most productive drive home...

I thought of another plot - story line - character interaction for my next novel on the way home from work today.  I have no idea where the story line hit me while I was driving, stuck in the 'rush hour' traffic that was going no where.  It just popped in, and I couldn't write it down!  I started to go over and over again, the start of the story, the way I think the story should go.  I really had a nice story going there, and then I had to give it up - to get home.

I know why I let the story run amok during my drives, but normally, I think of the one that I am working on.  This one, it just came to me.  I wrote a few of the thoughts, the names I thought would work, and the way that I think the story should go.  I wrote the ideas down, and now need to get the story in place, to get the ball running.  But, I need to finish "Then Again" the story I was writing that needs to come to a conclusion.  Maybe this weekend.  I think so, but not completely sure yet.  I know how I want it to end, but I need to get from A to B first...

I am drinking Green Tea, typing and snuggling with Boomer - feeling the puppy breathing snoring and happy to have me home.  I am now off until Monday.  Only three days next week to work days, and then the next - back on nights.  Then I will have a normal schedule, one that I can write around - be able to spend so much time per day, extra on my days off - writing.  I will just be upside down - I will be writing then sleeping in the day, and working all night.  The dogs will adapt - Boomer was used to it, Gracie will adapt.  I love nights, the opposite of the world - but it works for me - for our family.

My husband, my friend, my soul mate made me dinner again tonight, grilled Turkey breast meat - it was melt in the mouth good!  I am now 24 hours into my "17 Day Diet" - the way to eat differently, but healthy.  I miss the Dew, but am not dying - YET!  I really do miss my Dew.  Green Tea isn't so bad, but I need the caffeine that the Dew gives me.  I will get used to it, but I don't have to like it!  Soon I will be used to it, and the headache will be gone... I feel like I lost weight, but we'll see.

D M Wiseman,   spending a long drive making up a new story line, and finishing up the old, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment