Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I really need to get into the next book, but first this one needs finishing...

I was stuck in traffic, thinking about how to fix the book that I am almost done with, and got to thinking about the next book, and wanted to stop to write, but I wasn't home yet.  I really need to get this one done, so I get on to the next one.

So, coming home, I had to wait to use the computer, then decided to check my email first, and saw that I sold another book.  I only sold a few this month, so I get a little excited, and rightly so.  I get the chills every time!  I really like when I sell one, it makes me feel validated every time - I am an author.  I feel like Sally Field - they like me, they really like me - you know, when she won some award, she said that.  Not that I am even close to being as famous (oh, all right, I am not famous at all, but it was a good quote) but it gets the message across.  Maybe some day, I'll be a little famous.

I just need to sell more books.  I will write more books, and then make my dream come true, to have published a good dozen books, and then some in print.  I know it is in my future, as I still have things to write, characters to 'birth' and get my ideas down on 'cyber' paper for others to read.  Man, I sound like I should be selling some pyramid scheme juice...but of course, I am selling my ideas, not juice.

D M Wiseman,  soon to be publishing another book, with more to come, already published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment