Saturday, January 29, 2011

Writing a little late due to the day long party in GR...

Today, I went along with my sister Barb, sister Pat and her husband Rick, who drove us to our cousin Jerry's retirement (and birthday) party - he had worked for the railroad his entire career - can you believe it?  He is one of my favorite cousins, and we always have so much fun when we all all get together.  Loud, but definitely have a lot of fun.

We had a party for about a hundred people, at a KofC hall - which is a Knights of Columbus, not a fried chicken place...and when the party was over, we took it into the bar - not the whole party, just about a handful of cousins.  We then, took it back to the hotel, and whittled it down to 12 of us, where we proceeded to eat at the restaurant and have a great time.  We were supposed to all go to the bar after, but we were getting a little tired, and decided to call it a night.  We are supposed to all meet for breakfast, and again, get together for more food and fun.

It was nice to see my Aunt and Uncle, along with my cousins as well as their kids, my son S and V as well as the cousin's kids that just keep getting bigger and bigger.  They get older too - why are we always  so shocked to find that they grew, and got older, yet we don't feel it - or don't realize we do too.  And why does that happen?  I know I am getting older, but when it comes to my Aunt and Uncle, or even my mom - they still treat us like we are children.  It is a national phenomenon - and I for one have decided to hate it.

And I will digress here, but why is it at a hotel, parents can let children act like, um, put a 'bad child word here' - because this hotel let an entire hockey team run up and down the hall, their little sisters run around the hallway out side our room, and don't seem to have the kids in check?  Oh, probably because all the parents are at the other end of the hall, in the hallway - eating and drinking while the kids are running around being 'insert bad child word here' again.  This was a momentarily digression that needed to be said...

My husband, my friend, my soul mate is by himself, as he stayed home, and taking care of my babies - the famed dogs, Gracie and Boomer.  They are all snuggled in with the dad and hopefully playing the In and Out game, as well as It's Mine - so he can have their full attention for an entire 24 hours.  He thinks that I exaggerate...

So, driving home tomorrow, we again, the three sisters will be talking up a storm, while Rick drives us back across the state to our respective homes.  I, of course, will then have to drive home from Barb's house to mine, another hour and a half, not too bad - good character building time.  I can do it.  Then, I will be able to see St when he comes for dinner.

This was why I didn't write a word of my novel, but I did get my blog written, sitting in the room, listening to the 'insert bad child word here' running up and down the hallway.  Maybe I should call the manager, and thus have the parents busted...

D M Wiseman, paid published author that is all 'familied' out...

No comments:

Post a Comment