Friday, January 28, 2011

Metro Run a success - family intact once again...

Last night I drove in a snow storm the last leg of my Metro run and picked up my husband, my friend, my soul mate!  Finally, he is back on MI soil, or MI snow as we have no ground showing right now...  But, he is home.  Actually, he's at work, after at quick sleep of less than 6 hours.  But, he's home safe and sound.

I am writing with my dogs, relieved that the Metro run was successful, and happy to have my family intact.  I picked my husband, friend and soul mate up a little late as his flight was made to circle a few times, which caused a small delay, and finally landed at 9:30pm.  I had to do the loop quite a bit, because every other flight was late as well, and all of those flights must have landed at the same time because the Domestic Arrival area was like a parking lot.  The cars were doubled parked - to the sixth row, and even the cops couldn't get through to give tickets - so I went up to the Departure area and picked him up right at the curb.  McN terminal at Metro was poorly planned out to say the least...

The dogs and I are all snuggled in, and writing once again.  I'm excited that tomorrow, I am going to my cousin's retirement party (as well as a milestone of a birthday!) and going to see most of my side of the family.  S and V are coming but St is going to be taking his awesome photo's at the PBR - Professional Bull Riding thing and will be unable to go to GR.  But, it is always a Party (with a capital P), when our Irish family gets together - we have the party, then some of us are going out to dinner, then the bar to celebrate, and finally Sunday morning, breakfast to say goodbye. 

Its like a 24 hour party - and my husband, my friend, and soul mate, after all this time, still doesn't know all my familiy member's names!  He'll say "is that the red haired guy?"  which makes me laugh - we are IRISH, and almost all of us have red hair (or did, as red haired people go grey)!  He came from a small family - he has only five first cousins.  FIVE!  One of my Aunt's had 9 kids all by herself (well I'm sure my uncle had something to do with it!)!  But, he doesn't get it.  And all of my cousins had kids, and they are having kids... we multiple, we Irish Catholics...so he can't figure out who is who...but I digress...

I am seeing my mother - the one that until recently, had a rotary dial phone (to those who do not know, equate it with at 5 inch floppy disc - or with 8 track tapes...) and will be giving her actual copies of my three books that are published.  Yes, I said hard copies.  I went to Kinko's and made them.  The covers, by the way, look awesome - thank you Rita T from California, my wonderfully talented cover artist.  So, I will hand my mother three books, well actually papers in a 3 ring binder, which is far cheaper than getting actually bound books.  Maybe when I make some money, I'll get actual bound copies made for my book shelf...

I am taking my computer with me and hopefully the battery lasts the three hour trip to GR, so I can get some writing done on the way.  I will, of course re-read what I compose on the way, because I will be in a vehicle driven by my brother in law Rick, with Pat and Barb (my two wonderfully awesome sisters that I love! as well as Pat's husband the affore mentioned Rick) and we will probably talk the entire time!  We do that, and it irritates Rick - which makes us do it more - it's our job in life to irritate Rick.  It's fun - I'll tell you all about it, well not all about it, but the highlights. 

So, tomorrow and Sunday, I will try to write, but I cannot be held accountable for the content, as since I am not the designated driver...and will be drinking on Saturday (which means one, maybe two drinks as I don't drink often, and not very well - I well, I just fall asleep so the price of alcohol at bars - is lost on me) and I'll be very tired on Sunday.  And might have laryngitis from talking too much, too loud, as well as the laughing!

D M Wiseman, paid published author who has her husband back from his trip from hell (or heaven - where ever snow comes from)...

No comments:

Post a Comment