Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday - it's snowing in January, in Michigan...

Right now, I am in my regular spot, computer on my lap, one dog chewing on a bone at my feet, the other on half my lap - seems like the same day as last.  It's snowing, and there are conflicting numbers of how many inches of the white stuff we are going to get today, befere the other storm system comes in on Monday.  I like snow, but no one seems to like the clean up part, driving is not ever fun, and wet dog never smells like roses.  Why is that? 

So, I am giving myself a peronal deadline to finish editing 1997's novel.  I want to finish by the time I go to the opening celebration of an "Undercover Boss" episode on Sunday night. 

Can I do it?  I did 52 pages already, only have 200 or so to go... I wonder.  I could get it done, if the dogs didn't want to go out, then back in which means toweling them off - Gracie likes that and then runs around with the towel in her mouth, so I have to 'capture' her and by then, Boomer is on the couch in MY spot, wet and all snuggled in. 

Also, my husband, friend, and soul mate might come home early from work today.  I am never really sure what that means, because it's Friday (always a busy day) and snowing - which could add an hour to his drive.  So, really not sure if he will come home early or leave early, and get her on time.  Its always a mystery.  And, hopefully he doesn't want to come home early to go to the Auto show...oh, we can't - it's the opening night Gala which only people who have tuxes and long sparkly dresses and paid way way to much to see a bunch of 'state of the art' cars.  If they were giving me one free, then I'd go...

I do want to say, that although I live in Michigan, I do not live IN Detroit - but about 2 hours north of there, and it seems to be always snowing for the Auto Show - Oh yeah, maybe becasue they hold it in JANUARY - what are they thinking? But, I digress...

I do not want to go to the Auto Show, but will be more than thrilled, seeing all the cars through the eyes of my oldest son St who is going to be at the Opening Gala, tuxed out and is one of the Press Force for his radio station - which is tonight, and so I don't really need to go.  He puts the photos on his website almost immediately.  His photos are always great.  Then I look at the photos, and want that one, that one, ohhh I want that one.  So, I enjoy the Auto Show, through St's eyes.  He always sends me the best photos - like the candy-apple red new Jeep Compass he sent me.  I drive a Jeep Liberty and S, St nor my husband like my Jeep.  I love my Jeep, but that little red one - ohhh... I might want it.

But like the rest of the world, I need to pay off the navy blue Liberty in my driveway.  THEN I will look at the new ones...maybe in candy-apple red this time...

So, off I go to edit, to edit, to edit...

DM Wiseman, published author and editor of novels

No comments:

Post a Comment