Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday and watching three dogs play the It's Mine game...

I was going to sleep in, get up and go off to the now famous http://www.thescrapbookemporium.com/ to finish my calendar with my famous sister in law's mom (Penny who I love!) because we couldn't finish in our class because we were having too much fun, and now, we have to go to remedial class - but due to circumstances that 'hurt', we are not scrapping today...

Holly's youngest child - John a Freshman at FHS who is on the VARSITY Wrestling Team because he is awesome - was doing the wrestling thing last night and he broke his tibia.  That's the long bone in your lower leg, that the bottom part makes up the 'ankle' area - and it hurts.  He broke his growth plate part of the tibia (still needs this to grow), so he is half casted, off to the orthopedic's office this afternoon for the full verdict.  Holly is watching the kid so he stays off it, and elevates his leg.  Ow. 

Although I don't get to leave all these dogs to run rampant in my house while I go off to remedial scrap, I can still write.  But, right now:  Leo is behind the couch chilling, Gracie is upstairs to calm down, and Boomer is finally napping.  I feel like I have three toddlers.  No one is listening.  No one is being good.  And no one was napping!  So I had to seperate them, for my own sanity.

This way, I will get some writing done, now that the in and out, in and out, in and out, and the It's Mine game - the game where whatever Leo touches, Boomer steals, and then Gracie steals back.  When Leo barks, Gracie runs around, Boomer gets upset, and then Leo barks more.  It's a riot to watch, total playing and chaos.  They are having so much fun, I had to make them stop - just to get naps in! 

I am now listening to three dogs snoring, TV as white noise in the background, waiting for the call from Holly about the fractured John.  And writing the next best novel of the year...

D M Wiseman, twice published author, and dog babysitter extraordinaire...

No comments:

Post a Comment