Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lazy Saturday - snowing again, doing nothing but editing...

I slept in today past 8am - which is very odd for me, because usually well before 8am the dogs are in my room, making dog noises - you know, shaking their heads causing their collars which have three tags to jingle, then they start to play, or sniff each other, and of course, the cold wet nose in my face is the clincher.  I get out of bed, and they act like they haven't seen me in years.  It's a nice and wonderful thing, the dogs and they're excitement.You gotta smile, even if it is before the sun comes up.
But today, my husband, my friend, and soul mate got up with the dogs when they began to do the 'must get  the momma up' thing and let ME sleep in.  I got up at 10 and came downstairs to find them all sleeping while watching TV.  But it was a great start to a lazy day.

Yesterday I did get 8 chapters edited, but I do not know how many pages. I did make a very nice dent in the 'plan' - finish by Sunday night.  So, We, my wonderful husband, went to visit our boat because the water in Lake Sinclair River, caused an ice damn, making the water drop which is bad.  We went to make sure our boat - a 42ft 1977 Cris Craft Commander, was tied nicely in the slip, and not hanging by the lines.  We keep our boat inside, floating on the water in a building that is always 55 degrees, so the water doesn't freeze in the building.  It's an old boat, and taking it in and out, is not good for it. 

Besides we can spend the weekend on the boat - it has heat, and we put on 'Jimmy Buffet' and pretend it's not 7 degrees outside with a foot of snow, but 70 degrees and no fish flies.  Its a nice dream in winter, especially in January in Michigan 

It's a big boat and has two state rooms (in boat talk that means bedrooms) and a full galley (kitchen) with a large salon (living room).  So, it is like a floating cabin that uses a lot of gas to go anywhere - and the odd part is, it uses LEADED gas.  So when we fill it up, we have to add lead to it.  Very strange, but it still works, just costs a lot of money for gas (200 gallon gas tank - think about it!).  But we love it, and it is lovingly called "RX Hullistic Medicine" because we are both in the Health Care Field.  Really its named that because it is better than blood pressure medicine - its very relaxing.  Who could be stressed, sitting on the deck with a cold soda, or drink - and feeling the breeze, rocking slightly with the rolls of the water, and with nothing to do?  Our dingy is called "Refill" just to keep the medical thing going.  Don't you love boat names?

We can take the Boomer with us, but Gracie has yet to go.  We are going to wait until we can train her a little bit more on the leash - she still pulls and that is not good on a 'floating cabin', or the dock.  So, we need to teach her.  Boomer goes everywhere on the boat, and he loves going up on the bow (the nose) and just sitting in the sun.  An odd thing to see, a 85lb Bull Dog walking around on a boat.  The usual dogs that people have on boats are lab types, or the ones that are so little, you can pick them up (we call chew toys, because the toys our dogs play with, are bigger at our house then those dogs in purses).  But I digress...

So, I am going to edit some more, while watching bad TV horror movies, my husband, my friend, my soul mate is in his chair sleeping, so is Boomer, and Gracie is at my feet.  I plan on talking my man into taking me to the movies to see "The Green Hornet" and have popcorn and Slurpees for dinner!  What could be better?

So, since I slept in so long this morning, I will be up late and can really get some time in on the editing, and I do have to finish - I have a book that needs to be written...

DM Wiseman, lazy author, and soon to be publishing more...

No comments:

Post a Comment