Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not a normal day for a Tuesday...

I got up this morning, knowing that this will be a wonderful day!  It is always a good day, when you (1) get your hair cut - it's like going to the spa, Jessica pampers me and then I leave looking so much better; (2) get your nails done - it's like going to your own personal shrink - you can tell Holly (not my famous sister in law) anything, and she helps you get an idea that either you really need a shrink, or you're just like everyone else; (3) room service - I love it whenever I am traveling.  I don't have to hurry to get dressed, and it comes quicker then when you go to the restaurant; OR (4) you publish another novel!

So, today I'm getting my hair done, and to round out my day, grocery shop.  Yeah, the wonders of being an adult.  The always mentioned dogs, need food.  We need milk and stuff to make meals, so I am off - but after I'm pampered.  I would love to be one of those shoppers that walks around with the little basket, only buying for today as if the housekeeper/maid/cook is off and they have no idea how to make toast.  But, I am the kind of shopper that needs the full cart (not the half one, or thank God, the cart that looks like a car that can hold children - no more of that!) and I fill it to the top.  Why is it, that they can never get all my groceries into one cart when I leave?  I used to explain how I had two sons and two dogs, but not anymore.  They don't care, and I am usually showing them my iPhone to the app that shows I'm on google...they think I'm nuts.

Let them think it.  Now, I usually shop only once a month, and then the occasional need for milk.  I usually need dog food before I need anything else.  But I really digress...

I am getting my hair cut, and grocery shop, then home to publish the 1997 novel.  My cover artist Rita came through, and "The Claddagh Promise" is going on the meatgrinder today.  It is good, and I am thrilled.  I know that this will be a great read...

I will be doublely (is that a word) happy tonight, when I see my second book go on http://www.smashbooks.com/ and will be doing it, with a new haircut and a boost to my hair color as well!

DM Wiseman  soon to be two time published author, the one with a great haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment