Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday and I'm done with the re-write

Well, congrats to me - I finished the re-write of my 1997 novel.  Yeah!  Now, it is done!  Well, it just needs to be edited, but hey its kinda done!  And my fingers are still clicking away.  My mind has another story dying to get out...so I will soon, start my next novel.

I am sitting here with the TV on low (Criminal Minds re-runs - gotta love 'um!) dogs at the regular spot, Boomer snoring away on my lap, and Gracie at my feet.  Now that I'm done, I have to do something I have been meaning to do for a few days...ok, over a week - take the Christmas Tree down.

Yep, the Christmas Fairy (the fairy that comes after Christmas and takes your tree down...) is on vacation.  So, I have to do it.  I hate taking the tree down, because then truely, the season is over.  But, it can stay in your heart forever.  Also, I was told to 'purge' the boxes to fit in the new ornaments that we have.  So, that's why the procrastination. 

I have a few issues with this whole taking the tree thing down  - and here they are:

First, the new ornaments are actually not new - they are antiques.  They were on the tree when I was a child, and came from my grandparents.  They are old, loosing thier glitter and are so fragile - I love them!  So, the TEN boxes that my mom let me put on my tree, means the ornaments we already haave, need to be 'purged', per my husband, my friend and soul mate.  But 'purge'?

Second, who can throw out Christmas decorations!  I can't, and I believe it's probaby illegal in some states.  I will have to check on that later, but I just can't throw them out. 

Third, if the kid at MSU had the room, all the Nutcrackers would be gone, and we'd have lots of room for the new old ornaments.  My husband says give some to the other son - he has a house.  But, he doesn't want the clutter. 

Fourth, I don't want to.  That is a great reason, and I am using it.

So, that's why I have been putting off taking down the tree and the decorations.  I don't want to purge. 
What do I throw away?  The wreath made by my oldest son when he was in pre-school made with his little hands, on a pillowcase?  The empty spools with glitter and paper that my youngest made in kindergarden that twirls when it is hanging on the tree?  Ornaments that were presents?  How do I do it?

Well, today I will pull all the boxes out of the storage area, and begin.  I may not finish, because purging also means I have to go through everything.  But, I think if I pack better, I won't have to throw anything away.  Maybe two things, so I can tell him I did - the broken things.  If there are any, because that affore mentioned wreath - has chew marks from a long ago dead mouse, and a stain on it from - I don't want to know - something.  I am not throwing THAT out.  How can I, could you?

So, maybe I should stay focused - and begin my next novel instead.  No, AFTER the tree, but I'm not purging!

DMWiseman  author, and now the Christmas Fairy taking down the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment