Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wow am I excited...

I am very excited today.  I was interviewed by our village newspaper - the Romeo Observer - because of the contest that I was in last November - you know NaNoWriMo's contest at http://www.nanowrimo.com/.  The contest for writers that if you write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days - you win... so National Novel Writing Month - and I won last November...I am repeating myself and I digress...

Last month, I read an article about an author in our town and wondered how the paper knew about her and her book.  So, being the curious and bold person that I am - I contacted the reporter Chris, and asked.  He contacted me today and interviewed me regarding the contest, how I won, was published and went on to write 4 more books.  NOW I am in the CampNaNoWriMo (July's version of the November contest) and he is going to write an article about the contest and ME.

So, I am excited - and wrote more today (it was an incentive, you see to make sure I do finish!) towards my 50,000 words.  I am on target, which I am glad for because working and writing is harder than I thought it would be.  So far, it is the 6th, and I am +8000 words into it, which is only about 1300 behind.  I can make that up this weekend, and hopefully get ahead for next week... it will be a stretch, but for the next three weeks, I am only working 3 nights not 4, so I hope to pound out the story and get it under control.  I must be a winner again!
So, dear readers! Ha!  I am on my way, foraging ahead (ok, now I am making myself sick) but have a renewed strength and want as well as the need to win! and to finish another book, so I can rest before November's contest starts...  Yeah, a plan.

D M Wiseman, on my way to be a winner once again, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment