Saturday, July 30, 2011

And so I get a huge apology...and I win a Vagabond too!

So after I slept one hour on Thursday, I was awakened by the Corporate Manager of that hotel that sent me the biggest boo boo email to apologize and had the gall to tell me that I misunderstood their email.  That 'don't bother with this lead' didn't mean that they were blowing me off - yeah right!  So anyway, he really tried to kiss butt, poorly I might add.

Then an hour later, I got another phone call (and I had just fallen asleep again) to learn that I had won something very cool - a Vagabond - it is an electric embosser by Tim Holtz and costs about $250 - I won by completing the scrap hop that my famous sister in law Holly and I went to last weekend.  And I won!  So, after driving to pick it up, and not sleeping all afternoon because I played with my new toy! I made all kinds of really neat stuff - now I know what kind of cards I am making for Christmas!  And I will make all of the tags as well for the presents!  I am going to have a blast this year, now that I know what I am doing, of course I am not the best at it yet...

In the mean time, I have written almost all of the 10,000 words (meaning over 5,000 words!) and I will be done before the deadline of 11:59:59 on July 30th, 2011 !!  And will have won again - this time the www.CampNaNoWriMo.org 's contest and another book written!  This one I am having a hard time figuring out the title, don't want to put the 'plan' word in the title, don't want to make it an odd title, but am leaning towards 'For Tyler'  or 'A Home for Tyler'  or maybe 'The New Jenna'.  I am having a hard time with it, and the cover I can't see yet (in my head) so I can't give the idea to Rita my most perfect cover artist yet.  I need to get these two little issues finished before I can publish.  I can finish the words though before that, so on I go... because I need to make a card to show the afore mentioned Holly next Saturday...

D M Wiseman, almost done and almost won again, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment