Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well on my way,.,..

I am half way to finishing the novel while I am at 'CampNaNoWriMo' and feel this book is as good or maybe better than the others (well not as good as 'The Claddagh Promise' because I really like that one) - yeah!  So, maybe I will be able to enter the Good Housekeeping Magazine's Short Story Contest.

My mom sends me articles that she reads, she thinks I will be interested in, or she thinks I need to know about.  She cuts them out, copies them and then underlines, highlights, and puts things in quotes that she really needs me to pay attention to... yes, she does this when she sends cards too.  Any way, she sent me an article from the Good Houskeeping Magazine about a short story contest that the winner gets to have the story published and wins $3000.  Due September 1, 2011 and only 3500 words or less about something that has to do with women...  hummm. 

Can I do this?  Yes, I write 50,000+ words in less than a month, but I write fiction stories, can I write something about what a woman means to me? Or what has made a difference in my life, having to do with women?  I don't know.  I think I could, but after this month's 'Camp' - I was going to go again in August...when will I have time to write a short story?  I work midnights as it is, and we are going to be in Miami for a week... well, I can try it, and if I don't - I don't.  Dare I even think about winning?  Well, I am already a published author, so to be published again, in a magazine (not just the cyber world...) would be great to.  $3000 doesn't hurt either...

D M Wiseman, already thinking past the end of this story, to the next and a short story to boot - published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment