Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just another wonderful rainy weekend on the boat with two dogs...

Yep, I  took the dogs to the boat on Friday - after I attempted to nap - every phone solicitation company decided to call me just an hour into my three hour sleep.  The DTE company called to warn me they are coming to look at the meter and wanted my dogs in.  They usually call about six times - it's a recording.  I hang up. 

Then the bank called to see if I wanted to do something with my money - like invest it or move it around.  I told them to stop calling me in the day, as I will MOVE my money right out of their bank if they don't let me sleep.  This was the fourth such call in less than two weeks.  They must have nothing to do but watch my bank accounts for me.  I told them to stop asking me, or I will move my money totally out of their bank.  Seriously.  I need to sleep.

Then, a lawn cutting company called to see how my lawn was.  I decided to get up, take a quick shower, and pack up the dogs.  No one calls me at the boat to ask about my lawn.  I had to stop one place and left the dogs a total of six minutes in the car all alone.  Boomer was in the front seat, driver side of course, and Gracie was half in the front, with back half still in back.  Took a bit of coaxing to to get them back into the back seat.  My day was going down hill fast.

Once we got to the boat, and unloaded all the stuff - enough for two weekends, but I had to pack for cold and wet, as well as hot and humid.  Those are the options for boat weekends.  Then as I got the last load on, it started to rain.  It has rained since, until this am, and now it is sunny!!

I am not complaining, but today we have to go home!  I know, we could stay overnight again, but we need to get up early on Monday - the actual holiday Memorial Day, to go to a parade.  Yep, my husband, my friend, my soul mate is officiating at a parade, you know, putting a wreath on a grave site as part of the parade.  It's in Keego Harbor.  Then I will nap, in order to get a head start on my week to work.  I am so excited to go to work on a holiday just so someone else won't have to get paid OT.  Yep, because I won/t.  Sounds fair.

I will probably get more written today while I do laundry, and then tomorrow when I finish laundry.  My husband (etc) goes away on Wednesday or Thursday and will be gone a week, so I'll get a lot done.  And have a busy weekend.  Leo is coming for a week (grand puppy extraordinaire) and niece to spend the weekend scrapping.  So, I'll be busy, and happy.  I will miss my husband (etc) but am filling the days...

D M Wiseman, dizzy due to the boat movement, and wet, writing out of our covered deck, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment