Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What a week, what a night, what kind of life is this?

I am getting too old for this, I have decided.  Not the blog, not the writing, not the published author bit.  But, I am too old for working midnights and not getting any sleep.  I have decided that I need sleep.  If I don't get enough, I am crabby, I am slow and I find myself obsessing about how much I am going to get - you know, if I go to sleep now, I'll only get X hours of sleep.  I then amend every time the time changes.

So, I find myself obsessing about the bed.  About the covers, about the air conditioning, about which dog is snoring, and virtually everything that can screw up my naps!  I take the phone to the side of the bed with me, and then curse it when it rings and I wake up to answer it.  Why don't I just NOT answer, and turn off the ringer?  Because I feel the need to answer it.  I have children, I have a fire fighter for a husband.  I have to answer the phone.  Actually, I don't, right?  Tell that to me over and over again, and I might turn the damn thing off.

I also get up and let the dogs out, if they need to go out.  They can go 12 hours at night, 12 hours if we leave them and go out without them, 12 hours if it is raining.  So, why can't they wait a few hours why I sleep?  I don't know. 

I also need to get up and occasionally pee.  Yep, I'll say it.  I can't NOT pee in the day sleep time.  I can go all night (when it is night - ha!) without getting up, but when I sleep in the day, I can't NOT get up.  Why is that?  Oh, because I drink tea all night when I work...that's why I have to get up all day when I sleep... but seriously, I get up way too many times. 

I get up way too many times...and it's all at my own fault.  Yep, I am to blame, but anyway, is this any way to live?  I eat, sleep, and obsess about both.  I have lost 25 pounds since I started my wedding diet (the one where I need to lose 50 pounds and my muffin tops in order to look great in the dress I am wearing to S and V's wedding in June of 2012), and watch everything I eat balancing it on my 2 5 10 diet that is working amazingly well...but I digress...

I will not obsess about my sleep, I will continue to work, and eat a well balanced 2 5 10 diet meals.  Then, I will sleep when I am tired, and when I am not tired, I will write until I am.  This is my new goal.  It's a good goal, but not going to work today, as I got up twice to pee, once to let Boomer outside, and the phone rang twice.  Oh well.  There is always tomorrow...

D M Wiseman, with an empty bladder, bags under my eyes, and yawning, but writing away, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment