Sunday, May 22, 2011

Boat in the slip, out in the sun and dogs on the way...

After spending a good four hours walking around and looking at all kinds of stamps, learning how to make new cards, making the coolest cards, buying things to make cool cards - with my sister Pat, Carol, my famous sister in law Holly, and Penny her mom - we were at the Southfield Pavilion at the Civic Center Park area in Southfield, at the 'Keep Stamping' Show.  We were all learning and buying, and planning the new ideas for cards, tags and bags.  This was one fun show!

After doing that, I picked up the dogs - and my clothes, along with a few things for the puppies - and I drove off to the marina - Boomer was an old sea dog regarding this, was excited to go, and just went running down the dock, up the tide stairs and onto the boat.  Gracie, she was not so good at this.  She fussed about the dock.  And when we got to the tide stairs, she balked.  There was NO WAY she was going up the stairs.  We ended up putting a piece of carpet across the stairs, so she wouldn't see that she was going up stairs.  then getting down the first stairs to the salon - I was exhausted.  She finally got it down pat, and relaxed about the stairs, the movement of the boat - and that we were not going to leave her.

Spent the night on the boat, and both my husband, my fried, my soul mate - we felt good about her on the boat.  I was worried about how she would do.  There still is the issue on whether or not over the Fourth of July will be the end of the good times.  She goes nuts in thunder storms, and the fireworks on the Fourth - well time will tell.  I am not so sure how it will be, but we are going to attimept it.  I don't want to mess up our weekends that we spend on the boat - she has to be able to function out on the boat.    Boomer is really good on the boat, but he has been going there since he was still a little puppy.  I have hope.

I was going to get up this morning, write a few chapters, and then nap this afternoon before I have to work.  So, that didn't happen.  One, I slept in a bit, didn't bring the computer to the boat, and no napping as laundry needs to be done.  I will hit the caffeine soon, and then get on with dinner, before I go on to work.

D M Wiseamn, getting my sea legs back, dealing with Gracie, and work, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment