Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Saturday and I am behind again...

I worked the last few nights, didn't get much sleep, and I didn't even turn on the computer.  I finally got to turn it on after lunch today (once I woke up!) and now I realize that I am way way behind in all my goals.

I didn't finish the book I was writing, and so I failed in my quest to get the sixth book on my publishing site www.smashwords.com by the end of April.  I was going to be working on the seventh book by now.  Not happening.  BUT, I got THE email from The Light and Sound site www.nanowrimo.com where I first wrote my book and won the November 2010 contest - and they are doing a summer contest!!!  Yes, the motivation I need.  The email reved me up!

I will start one of the books that I have outlined in my thoughts.  I want to be a winner again!  I want to write a novel that is more than 50,000 words in 30 days - in one month (not sure which month it is going to be) that will be the drive I need to get another book out there.  I want to finish the one I am procrastinating about finishing, and then WRITE the next one that will be the seventh!!!  It is the best way to get me fired up again.  I know I can do it, if there is a national goal out there!

I could even start on another one, if I get going like I did with the first book, 'Bryn's Family Plan' - I wrote that one in 8 days, so I could, if I was motivated enough, write two in the month... but I will be realistic and set the goal for the one.  Then, I will amend the goal, if needed.  I momentarily thought about putting the one I am not done with yet, aside, but I need to finish it.  If I can't get it going, I will put it aside, then finish it later.  Better to do it that way then.  I keep going back and forth about it, so in the next few days, I will make up my mind, and let you know.  As soon as I know, that is.

I started to re-read the last chapters, and realized it really is good, just that I am stuck in the story and I need to get my head around it - I need to figure out where to take the story line.  I wish someone could just give me a push, because I am really stuck.  Just give me a week, I will get it going again.  And I will finish it.  Before the contest...maybe...or put it aside and start anothe, which ever...

D M Wiseman, behind, but re-energized by the contest coming up, going to finish what I started, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment