Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Writing writing writing away...

I am doing it, I am writing away, getting the numbers up there.  And it is very very good.  Of course I am a bit prejudiced in this - whether or not it is good.  I really like this story... so far.

I am not going to be at the 3/4 mark this weekend, but being off all next week, I will finish.  My camp days though, are over.  I cannot do the writing while working on a deadline.  I take too long to fall asleep, thinking about not writing.  I wake up with writing on my mind.  I also think it through, think about it on the way home. 

I find that I really need to get the plot down when I get off work, but by the time I get home, I am too tired.  I lay down, then can't sleep.  It is not a fun thing, working on no sleep, or driving home that tired.  So, today I pulled another P day (that's vacation talk) and will write tonight, tomorrow in the morning after I take my husband, my friend, my soul mate to the airport. 

I leave on Friday - yeah, we are traveling to the same place one day apart.  Don't ask, just know this won't happen again...but it gives me an extra day to get my haircut, see my sister B and then scrap with my famous sister in law Holly (the one that is in a movie as an extra because she was short enough to sit in front of the really famous actors that I can't remember their names right now!) until after dinner.

Oh, and yesterday we all found out that Holly's daughter M is having TWINS!  Identical boys due in early January, but will come sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas... she is naming them Riley and Elijah (going to call that one Eli) and we are so, so excited...

I will stop now and go on writing my novel...as soon as I let the monster puppies out AGAIN for the eighth time...it is nice out, I am awake and Boomer likes to sleep in the sun.  For only a little bit, then he needs to come in and breath loudly.  Gotta love them dogs!

D M Wiseman, unable to sleep, but still writing away...

No comments:

Post a Comment